National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Community & Social Services
To support the project in promoting gender equality and women empowerment
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Job purpose: To support the project in promoting gender equality and women empowerment
Responsibility: Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Gender Officer is responsible for day-to-day implementation of project activities on mainstreaming gender into project activities and promoting gender equality and women empowerment.
• Mainstream gender issues at all stages of the project cycle, from planning to monitoring and evaluation;
• Assist in the inclusion of gender in all project activities, ensuring gender balance in project trainings, and beneficiaries;
• Assist in developing indicators to monitor the gender impact of project supported activities using the Gender Marker System;
• Assess the potential gender impact of proposed sub-projects, review impact of on-going sub-projects and propose mitigating measures;
• Participate in operational missions and the drafting of project documents in order to enhance the level of gender analysis of the project;
• Work with Field Officers to develop innovative approaches to gender standalone operations;
• Collect and make available to the Project Management Unit gender-related information on each of the project outputs in form of output level Gender profiles;
• Develop studies and any preparatory documents related to gender for the purpose of project formulation, supervision and post-evaluation;
• Support the Project Manager in the development of Terms of Reference for knowledge products related to gender assessments and analysis;
• Liaise with key gender-related NGOs, national and regional institutions and any relevant stakeholders of the project for purposes of partnerships, information sharing, networking and potential operational collaborations;
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
• An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of Gender Studies, Social Science
• A Master’s degree in the relevant field of Gender Studies or Social Science.
• Have a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience on gender and social inclusion in the development space and experience in project management
Competences and skills
• Demonstrated experience in private sector development, entrepreneurship and support to women SMEs;
• Demonstrated and strong communication and organization skills, dealing with various stakeholders with different backgrounds and capacity to perform in complex situations;
• Ability to build effective working relationships in a diverse multicultural environment;
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language;
• Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Location: Mbale, with frequent travel to the project sites
Duration: Full‐time (4 years ‐ full project life)
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.