Does BrighterMonday provide people with jobs?
BrighterMonday offers services that facilitate applications for employment. We do not directly offer employment to jobseekers; neither do we guarantee that one will get employed for a job they have applied for. BrighterMondays sole purpose is to provide a platform for both jobseekers and employers who can advertise and apply for jobs. We manage responses for our clients/subscribers on the website.
Is BrighterMonday a recruitment agency?
BrighterMonday is not a recruitment agency. We do not conduct interviews on behalf of our clients/subscribers; neither do we meet jobseekers for any reasons related to employment by any of our clients/subscribers.
What is the difference between Basic Job Alerts & Premium Job Alerts?
Basic Job Alerts are sent once a day via email as a summary list of all jobs posted for the previous day. Premium Job Alerts will be sent to you in realtime via email and sms whenever a new job is posted that matches your alert criteria. Please note - up to 3 Premium Alerts matches are sent per day
What is the difference between BrighterMonday Premium and the normal BrighterMonday Career Profile?
BrighterMonday Premium gives you extra exposure when applying for jobs and includes features such as having your CV highlighted to potential recruiters and employers when applying for jobs, access to notification center as well as the ability to download a professionally styled BrighterMonday branded CV
Can I email my CV to BrighterMonday?
All jobs on our website are advertised by our employers and must be applied online using the "APPLY ONLINE" tab found below the Job description page or the right of the job description page. One cannot apply for a job by sending their CV to BrighterMonday.
Does it cost any money to use your services?
Our services are free of charge. So go ahead and create an account, search and apply for jobs.
Simply create an account by following this link: http://www.brightermonday.co.ug/customer/sign-up
How do I apply for a job on the website?
Click on the job title and follow the directions for applying in the selected listing. If you have questions about an application you have submitted, you can contact our customer service team for further assistance.
How do I upload / attach my CV?
When uploading a CV on our site, one has to have an account with us. Please create one in case you do not have one. Login into your account and click on Upload CV browse and attach and will be saved on our database automatically. Make sure you attach your updated CV each time you apply for job.
What happens when I apply online for jobs on BrighterMonday?
Your resume will be sent to the employer who will handle the hiring process. Do not worry if you do not receive immediate response. Sometimes it takes weeks or even months to sort applications. Rest assured that the employer would contact you if you were a successful candidate. We are also currently working to educate the employers on the importance of responding to applicants and are providing an online tool that will enable them to send responses to all candidates who applied whether they were successful or not.
Im not able to access my account
On the log in page is a link that allows you to either reset your password or gives you the option to contact us if you have forgotten your user name and password. Reset your password by following this link: http://www.brightermonday.co.ug/password/remind
How do I report scam/fraud/suspicious posting?
Each job has a Report this Job tab. Click on that immediately and indicate the reasons in the comment box as to why you are reporting that particular job. We will receive the report and commence action immediately. You can also either inbox job Id on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BrighterMondayUG or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Job Hunting
Protect yourself against fraudulent and unsafe job hunting activity
Fraudulent and unsafe activity can occur in the form of:
- Illegal ads that ask for personal or financial information occasionally appear on online job boards.
- Emails can also be sent by people masquerading as advertisers or BrighterMonday, requesting that you supply personal details. This is known as Phishing (pronounced "fishing").
- Making payments to anyone as part of the recruitment process.
Email (phishing) scams:
- Sender's address - The 'from' address will often be forged to make it look official, so be wary of the 'from' address.
- Generic greetings - BrighterMonday emails will always greet you by your full name. Watch out for emails using generic greetings such as 'Dear job seeker' or 'Dear advertiser'.
- False sense of urgency - Phishing emails usually provoke users into responding immediately by implying a false sense of urgency.
- Poor spelling / grammar - Phishing emails are often written poorly. Be wary of poor spelling and grammar. This is usually a tell-tale sign that the email is not from BrighterMonday.
- Fake links - Be careful when clicking links in an email. In phishing emails they will try to hide the true destination of a link. Before clicking, hover your mouse pointer over the link to see where it goes. Watch out for any subtle differences in the URL and if you are unsure, don't click the link.
Opportunities that seem too good to be true usually are. Be wary of advertisers requesting the following:
- An upfront fee (e.g. For 'processing' your application).
- Acceptance of a money transfer where you can retain a portion as 'payment'.Fees for medical testing, visa processing, application processing travel expenses or any other form of fee.
- Bank, MPesa or credit card details.
- Drivers licence, National ID or passport information.
- Tax for PIN numbers.
- Non work-related personal information, such as your appearance, marital status.
- A BrighterMonday, LinkedIn, Facebook or any other username and password.
- Any other personally identifying information.
BrighterMonday endeavours to ensure that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities and will remove any ads that are identified to have contravened the sites Terms and Conditions.
Always check the legitimacy of any ad, email or employer that seems suspicious before you respond.For example, large well-known companies usually do not include Hotmail or other free email addresses in their ads. If you have any concerns, call the company and verify the ad, don't just assume that because the ad claims to represent a company that it actually does.
What to do if you suspect an ad or email to be fraudulent
If you have any concerns over the legitimacy of a job ad, email or job seeker profile from BrighterMonday:
- Do NOT respond to the ad or email
- Report it to us immediately, or use the "Report This Ad" button that appears on every ad, or alternatively let us know immediately on https://www.facebook.com/BrightermondayUG
- Make sure you have up-to-date anti-virus software to protect your computer.
- If you have supplied your bank account, MPESA or credit card details, please contact your financial institution immediately and ask for their advice.
- Be alert for suspicious emails asking for personal details.