Chief Marketing Officer
Our client is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, company Logistics, and a payment system. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. the organization's Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
The payment system facilitates the payments of online transactions for the organization's ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, our client believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, the organization is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. our client is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. The organization offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of the company's marketing in Uganda, viral expansion, and advertising initiatives.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CMO's primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing visibility and sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, partnerships, affiliates, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising, and public relations.
In particular, you will:
- Develop marketing plan and in line with overall business strategy and goals.
- Custodian of total marketing, branding, and overall marketing performance
- Overseeing the CRM process, ROI, and managing closely agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) - customer acquisition, repeat purchase, Average Order Value [AOV], etc
- Responsible for Marketing Analytics. Oversee market research and competitive intelligence for quick decision making
- Prepare, own, implement, and control of marketing budget
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the leadership team to ensure alignment of marketing with commercial and business plans
- Utilize superior understanding of consumer insights and deep knowledge of local trends to identify innovative ideas for profitable growth and execute them
- Managing relationships with the Central team in a matured and cohesive manner that brings the best of Central and local collaboration to the benefit of the company
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and/or an advanced degree in Marketing and Business (MBA)
- 8+ years of marketing in a consumer internet business, bringing experience building strong brands for companies with best-in-class digital experiences for large, global audiences, preferably in the consumer goods industry
- 5+ years of data-driven marketing with strong success implementing consumer acquisition and/or retention marketing campaigns with clear business objectives and targets.
- Track record building and leading a high-performing, cross-functional team of people across branding, PR, digital, analytics, acquisition, and retention.
- Expertise generating, prioritizing, testing, and delivering on ideas that could drive 10 percent growth as well as 10x growth
- Self-motivated individual with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong managerial experience
- Strong and relevant relationships in marketing agencies and other local partners
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section