Management & Business Development
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the association. Other Key duties include Fundraising, Marketing, and Community Outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors also known as the Management Committee.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Executive Director Job Description
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the association. Other Key duties include Fundraising, Marketing, and Community Outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors also known as the Management Committee.
Board Governance: Works with the board in order to fulfill the association's mission.
- Responsible for leading the Organization in a manner that supports and guides the association’s mission as defined by the association’s constitution.
- Responsible for Communicating effectively with the Board and providing in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the association.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support the organization’s Mission.
- Responsible for the Fiscal Integrity of the Organization including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements which accurately reflect the condition of the association.
- Responsible for Fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the association in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for identifying and pursuing any possible funding opportunities that may be beneficial to the association and its members.
Association Mission and Strategy: Works with Board and staff to ensure the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
Responsible for implementing the Association’s programs that carry out its mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the association can successfully fulfill its mission in the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Company's image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private associations.
Association Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the association are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of an Administrative Officer and any other staff as approved by the Board.
- Responsible for effective administration of the organization’s operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements and other instruments made and entered into on the behalf of the association.
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the association.
- Supervise and collaborate with the association staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and Operation of annual budget.
- Serve as the Organization’s primary spokesperson to the association’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Engage in Fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various associations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Company’s mission.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee association board and committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Professional Qualifications Needed
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Five or more years of working experience in the Uganda Vanilla Industry is an added advantage
- 5+ years of Senior management experience
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
- High-level strategic thinking and planning, ability to envision and convey the association’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Ability to Effectively Communicate the association’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrate ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results
- Active Fundraising experience. Excellent Donor relations and understanding of the Funding Community
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and associations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid associational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.