Our client is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017, we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey. We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the world's economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply, and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the world.
We specialise in the proprietary trading of the intraday and short-term wholesale electricity markets across Europe. We make use of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk management form the backbone of our business.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection.
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas.
- The team is more important than the individual.
- Being the best in any market we enter.
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people.
- Others must benefit from our existence.
Our client is on a mission to build the most advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to create significant value. Being the Tech Lead of our team, you will lead our team's work on the exciting challenges that come with large-scale data processing, automation, and analytics. We work in an agile and highly collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced engineers who are able to own aspects of the technical process and assist in the development of the team as a whole.
This is a rare opportunity to take a leading role in the growth of a major player in the European Electricity Markets. We are looking for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the business. We operate in the European Energy markets, but our commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE.
If you have excellent programming skills, a passion for developing/improving applications utilizing cutting edge technologies, and strong leadership skills, then we would like to meet you.
Job Location: Dubai, UAE or Remote
Office Location: Jumeirah Business Centre 2, Cluster V, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Take full ownership of all project stages from business requirements gathering to product delivery
- Responsible for end-to-end planning of the project including resources, sprints, milestones, timeline, and deadlines
- Take the initiative to report and resolve any bottlenecks or issues related to the projects & members they are managing autonomously
- Assist substantially in designing, documenting, and sharing/discussing the project architecture with the team.
- Own and shape our best practices & processes and improve/optimize them to ensure they are up to standards
- Ensure our best development practices are being followed by the dev team and report any findings or red flags
- Own the technical implementation of the project they are handling and ensure that project is on track, deadlines are met, and progress/bottlenecks is communicated to management
- Strong focus on Code Quality thorough conducting project code reviews on frequent basis and integrating the needed optimizations and changes
- Prepare, review, and own the technical documentation of his/her projects
- Mentor & Coach Junior team members and their project colleagues
- Manage small teams of developers
- BS degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering Masters is a plus
- 7+ years of work experience in Python
- 2+ years of work experience as a Senior Python Back-end Developer
- 1+ years of work experience as a Tech Lead
- 2+ years of work experience leading small teams
- 2+ years of experience in Python Frameworks (Flask or Django)
- 3+ years of experience in developing REST APIs
- 3+ years of work-experience using AWS cloud and its resources/services
- AWS certificates are a big plus
- Processing, storing, and managing Real-time data of large volume is a big plus
- Strong design and architecture skills
- Strong coding skills with strong competencies in data structures and algorithms
- Strong work-experience in Relational Databases including PostgreSQL
- 2+ years of work-experience in non-relational databases including Timeseries Db
- Previous experience in automated testing tools including unit testing & UI testing
- Strong knowledge in DevOps, CI/CD, Docker containers
- Experience with Scrum/Agile Development methodologies
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section