Gross pay: (UGX 22MN)
Who we are:
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Uganda and Nigeria, we are a venture-funded company, including backers such as Go-Ventures (GoJek), Allianz X, and Unbound, which is already having a huge impact on millions of people in Africa.
We are seeking an experienced professional to become VP of Operations at SafeBoda. You will be a key member of the Senior Leadership team at SafeBoda. The VP will be responsible for the strategy of all driver operations at SafeBoda and ensuring that each market has a strong team serving and growing our driver community.
• Lead metrics related to driver acquisition and retention in each market working with the Country Manager
• Responsibility that the Driver Operations team in each market has the right processes, team culture, and strategy to ensure the Drivers are at the heart of everything SafeBoda does.
• Ownership of the driver side strategy to hit the vertical-specific KPIs and goals for Ride, Send, Food, Shop, and Payments in each market. This could include the driver side strategy for how we hit a completion rate target for our Food orders, how we will onboard enough drivers to fulfill Ride orders, or the strategy for how we can utilize drivers to hit a GTV target in our wallet. .
• Lead by example in the rollout and implementation of these strategies. Working closely with the Head of Operations in each market to get the ball rolling and then measure the impact of your strategies.
• Manage, support, and coach in country Driver Operations teams to execute on their strategy as well as become strong leaders of their own teams.
• Identify improvements & initiatives and make driver operations more efficient and impactful.
• Standardize Driver operations processes, methodology, and tools across each market to ensure we’re serving and supporting our drivers with the same passion and skill in each country.
• Measure and evaluate the success of strategies implemented across Operations.
You should :
• Have +7 years minimum in operations, consulting, strategy, or startup role
• Be passionate about leadership, people development, and growing a large team. We’re a young, passionate but large team that wants to learn, improve and serve our drivers. The VP of Ops should be excited about our impact on drivers but also the evolution of the Operations department within the company.
• Be comfortable to work in tough conditions not always with easy answers to challenges and are excited to move quickly, learn by doing, and stress test ideas.
• Be emotionally intelligent, humble, and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences and skills
• Data-driven decision-making mindset with a track record of applying analytical skills across many types of problems in any industry, experience in the ride-hailing industry or similar industry a big bonus.
• Knowledge of our operational regions and an understanding of informal transport is preferable a plus.
• Love our product and be curious about how it works and be a strong advocate on the way SafeBoda can transform the livelihoods of drivers
• Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
• Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
• Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced team.
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Free SafeBoda transport
• Free lunch
• The need for this role is urgent, and we’d like the right candidate.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section