Deadline of this Job:15 July 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda, Kampala, East Africa
Ministry Of Education And Sports Vacancy Notice Under The Projects Coordination Unit For Isdb, Ofid & Arab-Funded Projects Introduction The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID), Saudi Fund for Development (SFD), Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA) and Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED), have since 2010, financed separate development projects under the Business, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (BTVET) sub-sector. The Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES) is the Executing Agency for these projects, supported by a joint Projects Coordination Unit (PCU). Applications are hereby invited from eligible, suitably qualified and experienced Ugandans for the following vacant positions under the PCU: (1) Project Technical Manager (Civil Engineer-2); (2) TVET M&E Specialist .
The main responsibilities and duties of the TVET M&E Specialist are:
• To provide quality technical advice on key TVET-related pedagogical & institutional management aspects, including; (1) Curricula development (2) training equipment tools & Supplies; (3) training facilities management & maintenance, (4) skills upgrading for tutors, instructors, institutional managers & boards; (5) entrepreneurship & business development, (6) industrial training modalities, and (7) management information systems
• To establish an effective project M&E system to capture key TVET-related outcomes at the beneficiary institutions vis-à-vis relevant world of work', including gender aggregated student enrolment trends, tracer studies on graduates, student to tutor ratios, etc.
• To collaborate with other PCU staff and implementing partners on qualitative project monitoring to gather relevant information on the progress of project deliverables.
• To guide the preparation of project progress and M&E reports, in accordance with acceptable formats and lead relevant analyses for impact evaluation and performance improvement.
• To attend and actively participate in the regularly scheduled meetings of the Project Management Team and Project Technical Sub-Committee.
• To ensure an updated and shared understanding of the project strategies and information needs, and guide dissemination of M&E outputs to the various project stakeholders and public
• To actively participate during the periodic project development partner missions to Uganda and facilitate mission team members access to required project M&E data.
• To actively participate during the periodic project development partner missions to Uganda and facilitate mission team members' access to required project M&E data.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Projects Coordinator or Team Leader
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications, experience and competencies:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics Engineering, with hands-on experience and knowledge of key TVET equipment.
• A minimum of a Postgraduate Diploma in Project Monitoring & Evaluation
• Postgraduate qualifications in TVET or Education Institution Management, or TVET Pedagogy Management, are of added advantage.
• Possession of a Higher National Diploma in any of the above engineering fields is of added advantage.
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years of work experience in the TVET sub-sector with at least five (5) years of quality dual
• experience in industrial practice and pedagogy.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience with the project management, procurement and M&E procedures of similar international funding agencies and Government, including procurement, installation, testing, commissioning and user training on equipment, tools and supplies.
• Experience with the planning and management of Human Resource Development (HRD) activities for TVET instructors and tutors, is an added advantage.
• Proven track record of professional integrity. Solid organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize activities, work with minimum supervision and meet project deadlines.
• Functional knowledge of the relevant ICT and computer applications, including inter alia MSWord, MS Excel and MS Power point
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including report writing and oral presentation in English.
Job application procedure
Terms of Engagement The successful candidates for each of the two positions above shall be engaged by the Ministry under initial two-year employment contracts, renewable up to the end of the implementation periods of the projects, upon satisfactory performance.
The remuneration/benefits to be offered in line with the approved structure of the PCU are reasonable and competitive
Applications Procedure Interested persons who meet the above-mentioned criteria should prepare 3 copies of their application submissions in sealed envelopes addressed to the Commissioner hereunder (including cover letter, detailed CV with three references, plus copies of their academic certificates and relevant documents). The envelopes should be marked as follows: 'APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF UNDER THE ISDB, OFID & ARAB-FUNDED PROJECTS and hand delivered at the Ministry Security Registry (Floor 4 Room 4.1, Embassy House) by 10.00 am on Wednesday 15th July 2020.
Only short-listed applicants shall be contacted for the interview and final selection process.
The Commissioner, Human Resource Management
Ministry of Education and Sports,
Floor 4 Room 4.10, Embassy House,
King George VI Way,
P.O. Box 7063, Kampala, UGANDA
Alex Kakooza PERMANENT SECRETARY
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.