Terms of reference job Advert
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Uganda office
Deadline to apply: 5th November 2021
Avocats Sans Frontières is an international non-governmental organization committed to enhancing access to justice and protecting fundamental rights for the most vulnerable and marginalized people in society.
The Communications Assistant will assist with the execution of the communications strategy of the organization, visibility of all projects, operational support, and monitoring and evaluation for Uganda programmes.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support project teams in the production and dissemination of timely communication materials in coordination with the communications department at HQ
- Support project teams in ensuring visibility and timely communication of project activities and interventions.
- Assist with coordination and preparation of events and activities for projects
- Assist with maintenance and update of communication agendas for Uganda programmes
- Management of social media accounts in view of supporting the organization’s visibility.
- Other communication tasks when the need arise
Monitoring and Evaluation support
- Support monitoring of data collection and overall data management processes such as encoding, storing, and transfer of data from databases
- Compiling indicators for each project and regularly updating the indicator scoresheets
- Assisting the M&E Officer in internal and external capacity-building sessions and training to strengthen monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Supporting development and preparation of M&E reports resulting from reflection and quarterly meetings
- Supporting with logistics, partner coordination, and reporting
- Supporting focal points in activity implementation, tasks, and deliverable tracking
Degree: Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field. Qualifications in M&E are an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in M&E and/or communications in a similar role preferably with an NGO
Knowledge and skills:
- Experience in basic logistics and administration
- Full proficiency with social media technologies
- IT: High level of computer literacy (Advanced Excel, Word, etc)
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multitasking capacity
- Desire to take on new challenges
- Motivation to integrate a multicultural and international organization
How to apply
ASF is an equal opportunity employer; interested applicants should send a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic transcripts; three reachable references, and salary expectations no later than 5th November 2021, 5 pm (EAT). Applications must be addressed by email to Sjlucima@asf.be copying email@example.com with the reference Communications and M&E Assistant in the subject heading.
ASF will only contact short-listed candidates