Understand Uganda’s operational challenges in order to adapt the fleet strategy and maximize the results and metrics improvements
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
A ride that will fuel up your ambitions to take on a new challenge and stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone.
We’ll deliver a non-vanilla culture built on talent, where we work to amplify the impact on millions of people, paving the way forward together.
Not your usual app. We are the fastest-growing multi-category app connecting millions of users with businesses, and couriers, offering on-demand services from more than 170,000 local restaurants, grocers and supermarkets, and high street retail stores. We operate in more than 1500 cities across 25 countries. Every year, +200k merchants generate over 4B€ in sales through our platform and over 20M customers get their goods delivered in minutes.
Together we revolutionize the way people connect with their everyday needs, from delivering essentials to connecting our ecosystem of users through innovative solutions powered by technology. For us, every day is filled with purpose.
What makes our ride unique?
Our culture and strong values.
- We have an ‘’office-first’’ culture and we place collaboration at the center of everything we do!
- We have a non-vanilla personality and feedback mindset. We don’t shy away from difficult conversations - we see them as a gift!
- We work with high intensity and have fun along the way. We also celebrate the wins (a lot!).
- We celebrate diversity in all its forms and foster an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
- We are building a talent house of high performing teams and leaders. We invest in people who raise the bar and help others reach their full potential.
- We take ownership of our career development. We don’t believe in linear and predictable career paths - we create the job of our dreams!
- We embrace opportunities to move the needle and make an impact beyond our scope.
- Our platform is an important economic tool for millions of people (customers, partners, couriers) and we are taking action to amplify our positive impact.
- We invest in doing good by dedicating time and resources into social and environmental initiatives.
- We have the ambition of being DIB role models across the tech industry. We are creating environments, systems, and processes that provide equal opportunities, break biases, and empower our communities.
- Understand Uganda’s operational challenges in order to adapt the fleet strategy and maximize the results and metrics improvements
- Be responsible for Operational Excellence levers, including courier profitability and incentives management, supply and demand balance, delivery times optimization, courier positioning, and zoning, implementing logistics features on a regional level, and many more from a data perspective: providing deep analytics, creating dashboards, bots, simulations, data models
- Lead end to end projects aimed at improving the metrics, including the analysis of the raw data, identification of the insights and issues, proposing the solutions and then executing them
- Propose (be an enthusiast), track and consolidate new ideas to improve the operations by being obsessed with Glovo's KPIs
- Create postmortem documents to analyze the results of each project and be able to replicate them for future projects & with rest of the countries
- Use your data visualization skills, in order to support delivered messages in the most efficient way.
- Have a blank page for you to create! We don't stick to a single playbook, and we expect you to build your own as the business and market evolves
- Report directly to the Head of Operations of Kenya and Uganda
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of the Glover lifecycle through out-of-the-box thinking especially in key events management (Ramadan, Christmas, Big football Matches) where the demand is way higher than the supply
- Coordinate supply forecasts at a city level for +10 cities & improve it in a consistent manner by being in contact with Ops Managers, Growth and Marketing and Sales from the local teams
- 3+ years experience with a passion about analytics: you enjoy deep diving into problems to find the root cause
- Problem-solving skills: no problem is too small or too big
- Excel/Google Sheets proficiency is a must
- SQL intermediate level is a nice to have
- Master Degree in Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics is a nice to have
- Python knowledge (basic-intermediate level) as a nice to have
- Knowledge of visualisation tools like Tableau, Looker and/or Qlikview
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English is a must)
- Proactive approach, great organization skills and obsession with details
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
We Believe Driven Talent Deserves
- Top-notch private health insurance to keep you at your peak.
- Monthly Glovo credit to satisfy your cravings!
- Extra time off, the freedom to work from home 1 day a week, and the opportunity to work from anywhere for up to three weeks a year!
- Access to learning paths on LinkedIn and other internal platforms to fuel your thirst for knowledge and personal growth.
Feel free to note your pronouns in your application (e.g., she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
So, ready to take the wheel and make this the ride of your life?
Delve into our culture by taking a peek at our Instagram and check out our Linkedin and website!
- Medical insurance
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.