Officer - Human Capital
To provide support as an important source of information for strategic workforce planning, management initiatives, implementation and management of remuneration and other reward systems and processes that attract, motivate, and retain employees and maximize the profitability of the business.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
MTN Mobile Money Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position.
Job Title: Officer-Human Capital
Reporting to: Head-Human Resources
Division – Regulatory & Administration
No. of Vacancies: 1
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
To provide support as an important source of information for strategic workforce planning, management initiatives, implementation and management of remuneration and other reward systems and processes that attract, motivate, and retain employees and maximize the profitability of the business. The role shall also be responsible for the management of HR systems & Software and ensure effective administrative functionality of the Human Resources office.
Main Job Functions:
1. Take a leading role in managing the implementation of major remuneration processes such as variable pay, salary increments, share schemes, recognition schemes, etc.
2. Assistance in the company's workforce planning efforts including budgeting, job evaluation, profiling and forecasting.
3. Involvement in the Development, maintenance and implementation of pay structures and compensation strategies
4. Developing and implementing policies, procedures & process management directly or indirectly related to Benefits and Remuneration
5. Involvement in development of a consistent approach for MTN’s Compensation and Benefits plans in line with the Employee Value Proposition (EVP) and external benchmarking.
6. Manage both the payroll and HR Information Systems from design to implementation in accordance to the Company's statutory and non-statutory policies and procedures.
7. Oversee data & information for Remuneration surveys. Analyze survey reports and involve in making appropriate recommendations. Understand market trends and make recommendations on changes to base pay & benefits.
8. Generate HR management reports relating to Headcount changes and Staff Turnover, recruitment, employee Leave and Absenteeism management.
9. Coordinate the implementation of employee engagement programs such as townhalls and Roadshows, Management committee meetings, Staff parties, Team builds, Corporate League etc
10. Participate in the planning and budgeting process for the HR Division and monitor Opex compliance & account for the division imprest.
11. Oversees all staff welfare programs such as medical scheme, canteen services as well as occupational Health and Safety programs
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
1. Bachelor of Business administration, human resources, Social Sciences, Industrial and Organizational Psychology or any other related field
2. Post Graduate degree in similar or related field is an advantage.
1. A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ total experience in Human Capital Management is required.
2. Experience in Fintech, banking or Telecom is preferred.
3. Hands-on Experience in HR Data Analytics
4. Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise is preferred.
5. Hands on experience in using HR systems, dealing with people, events management and records and information management in a busy HR environment.
1. Payroll System management
2. HCM System Training
3. Advanced MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
4. Training in HR Data Analytics
1. HR Policies, Procedures and Labour laws
2. Accounting knowledge
3. Knowledge of business processes
4. Knowledge of operating environment
5. Knowledge of HR Information systems aspects
1. MS Office skills
2. Analytical skills
3. Reporting skills
4. Ability to multi-task
5. Relationship building
6. Feedback skills
7. Presentation skills
3. Accuracy and innovativeness
4. Commitment to high quality work and setting high standards of performance.
5. Ability to deliver under Minimum Supervision
6. Team player
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.