Location: Kampala, Uganda
Term: 2 Years – renewable
Start Date: Immediately
Salary : Ugx 800,000 - Ugx 1,500,000
Latitude Trade Company (LTC) is a rapidly growing social enterprise in Uganda sourcing specialty cacao for export and producing bean to bar chocolate at origin. Working with over 1,000 certified organic smallholder farmers, our mission is to sustainably increase incomes and reduce risk for our suppliers while positively impacting the community and environment surrounding our operations. We aim to provide chocolate makers and consumers in East Africa and around the world with the highest quality, transparently sourced and fully traceable Ugandan cocoa products.
The HR and Administrative Assistant position is a full-time, in-country position based at Latitude offices in Kampala and reporting to the Managing Director and General Manager.
The core responsibilities include:
● Ensure company licenses, permits and registration documents are up to date
● Support issuance of documents for shipping and sales
● Ensure all contracts and staff files are up to date
● Draft and issue formal letters for employees on performance and contract issues
● Track and report on staff leave and attendance across all offices
● Coordinate requirements and logistics for exports
● Coordinate company stationery and office supplies
● Routine checking of accountability documents for all departments
● Routine audit and calibration of company measurement tools
● Collection and submission of product samples for laboratory testing
In addition to these responsibilities, all employees are encouraged to propose programs, strategies or experiments which they feel offer a promising avenue for improvements to the company or livelihoods of the farmers.
● Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from reputable university in related field
● Prior experience in administrative, human resources, office management or secretarial skills
● High degree of organization and communication skills
● Fluent spoken and written English
● Ability and willingness to learn on the job
● Outgoing personality with an interest in quality products made in Africa
● Positive attitude and sense of humor
Benefits & Compensation:
● Competitive monthly salary
● Reimbursement of health related expenses
● 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays
● Coverage of all work-related travel
Interested candidates please submit CV, cover letter, through the Brightermonday portal by clicking on the ' Apply Now' section.