Masheda Palms Kampala Ltd, Buyala
Operations Director, Managing Directors
All heads of departments.
To manage property operations on a day-to-day basis to ensure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control. Coordinates direct and manages the staff and everyday resort operations to achieve profitability, guest satisfaction, and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the company assuring 100% guest satisfaction.
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent.
- 5 years post qualification in a similar or related position in the Hospitality industry.
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Attentive to details
- Ability to be a pro-active and positive team member
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally
- Honest and of impeccable integrity.
- Prompt and accurate preparation of daily revenue and cost reports.
- Timely and accurate preparation of the unit’s monthly accounts to enable management access and monitor the Hotel’s performance.
- Accurate bank accounts of the unit.
- Timely preparation of the unit’s budget.
- Efficient management of the finance department’s human resources.
Tasks Personally Carried Out
- Responsible for maximizing revenues.
- Manages labor standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom-line profit.
- Explains and manages financial activities.
- Monitors collection of in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of refund checks.
- Participates and monitors monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures purchases made are within budget and by approved vendors
Sales and Marketing
- Works with all staff to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives. Activities include setting goals, completing competitive surveys, taking reservations, and compiling reports.
- Make sales calls as outlined by the Management Team.
- Identifies and seeks out potential business in the local market. Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase the hotel's visibility within the local market.
- Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the property
- Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout the property. Instills the 100% guest satisfaction objective to hourly associates.
- Ensures that all guest-related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Recruits qualified applicants. Trains employees in accordance with company standards.
- Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
- Communicate all policies and procedures to the entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals, etc.
- Adheres to state and local employment-related laws and regulations.
- Manages employee personnel forms, including hiring, performance evaluations, payroll, and benefits-related information, required Federal and State postings, etc.
- Conducts coaching/counseling sessions; performance evaluations; prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation; conducts terminations.
- Ensures that employee-related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Mentors and develops employees.
- Performs duties in all aspects of hotel operations whenever needed.
Inspects and documents repairs and cleanliness of property to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness, and overall property appearance.
Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
Serves as “Manager on Duty”
Provides other relief or backup duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties to ensure the optimum operation of the property.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section