Job level: Level 4
Head Offices – Kampala
Reports to: Group Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Group Operations & Business Strategy
Supervises: Heads of Business
Relationships: Directly: Heads of Business – ENGRO International, Business Summit Africa, and
Africa Cargo Ltd and Indirectly – ALL other staff
About the Group:
Business Summit Africa (BSA) is a private One-stop Business center established to promote trade and investment within the African continent and conducts business research, conferences, and collaborating with institutions to help both local and international companies to expand, build partnerships and develop a strong presence within a continuously growing African continent.
ENGPRO International is an Engineering company founded in 2009 offering services in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Project Management, Construction, Research, and Development.
Africa Cargo Trucks is an online Startup trucking company in Africa providing efficient, reliable, and convenient Cargo transport services using cutting edge technology - Web and App with block chain technology
• The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be tasked with overseeing the day-to-day administrative and operational functions and business efficiency of the companies.
• The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of the business to drive extensive and sustainable growth. You will provide Operational Leadership and
• Management to ensure accurate operational controls, measurement, and reporting systems to support Group operations.
• Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of Business Heads
• (ENGPRO, BSA, Africa Cargo Trucks, Finance)
• Implementing and managing the operational budgets including determination of the scope of work and deliverables
• Prepare, direct and implement strategic and operational plans and actions to ensure that company systems, procedures, staffing, support services, and capacity are available when needed.
• Ensuring continuous delivery of services through management of service level agreements with end users and monitoring performance
• Ensuring the operations adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and standard operating procedures their communication across the organization
• Establish policies that promote company culture and vision and lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
• Manage relationships with partners/vendors
• Adhere to all Company policies, safeguard the company's interests and act in an ethical and legal manner as well as report all violations of Company policies and procedures to appropriate management
• Creates a work environment that enhances safety, relations, and productivity and acts as a role model and demonstrates the company's core values of INTEGRITY, INNOVATION, QUALITY OF SERVICE & ACCOUNTABILITY.
• BSc/BA in Business Administration, Management, or relevant field and MSc/MBA
• 5+ years’ experience in a Senior Management role all of which has been gained from similar or related industry
• Must have excellent leadership skills, business acumen, and the ability to effectively manage, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team.
• Must have demonstrated a record of strategic thinking, be open to new perspectives and better ways to do things; and be creative, a visionary, and manage innovation well.
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
• Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget/resource development, and strategic planning.
• Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to influence and deliver through others
• High degree of familiarity with project management and contracts management
• Great customer service, communication, and customer service skills
• Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section