The Sales and Marketing Manager is a full-time, in-country position implementing marketing, advertising, and distribution strategies for Latitude chocolate within Uganda and East Africa.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Term: 2 Years – renewable
Start Date: Immediately
Latitude Craft Chocolate is a rapidly growing social enterprise in Uganda sourcing specialty cocoa-producing award-winning bean-to-bar chocolate at its origin. Working with over 1,000 certified organic smallholder farmers, our mission is to sustainably increase incomes and reduce the risk for our suppliers while positively impacting the community and environment around us. Latitude is the leading supplier of specialty cocoa and the premier bean-to-bar chocolate manufacturer in Uganda.
The Sales and Marketing Manager is a full-time, in-country position implementing marketing, advertising, and distribution strategies for Latitude chocolate within Uganda and East Africa. The core responsibilities include:
● Contributing to the development of marketing, branding, packaging, and distribution strategies
● Implementing sales and distribution strategies via retail, wholesale, and online
● Implementing strategies for customer acquisition and customer care
● Liaising with production staff to plan and coordinate the monthly schedule of orders
● Contribute to Implementing social media and online advertising strategies
● Coordinate packaging, media, and advertising requirements
● Support implementation of chocolate education and tours programs
● Organize and carry out events, tours, and tastings
● Support logistics of distribution channels for all chocolate products
● Participate in product development and ongoing market research
In addition to these responsibilities, all employees are encouraged to propose programs, strategies or experiments which they feel offer a promising avenue for improvements to the company or livelihoods of the farmers.
● Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a reputable university in a related field
● Prior experience in marketing, sales, and distribution of food products in Sub-Saharan Africa
● Knowledge of or previous experience in hospitality, food and beverage, food manufacturing, confectionery, bakery supply-chain, and/or specialty product distribution
● The high degree of organization and communication skills
● Fluent spoken and written English
● Ability and willingness to learn on the job
● Outgoing personality with an interest in quality products made in Africa
● Positive attitude and sense of humor
Benefits & Compensation:
● Lunch at the office on working days
● Competitive monthly salary
● 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays
● Coverage of all work-related travel
● Reimbursement for personal health expenses
● Candidates hired from outside of Uganda may be eligible for relocation support
How to Apply
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Please note, that this position is open to East African residents only.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.