The Communications manager will be a national position and reports to the Project Manager. He/She will be based in the IFDC Fort Portal office. The Communications Manager will be responsible for strategic communication in the planning and delivery of the BRIGHT project.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Context and background
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
IFDC is recruiting for the above project in Uganda.
‘Building Resilience and Inclusive Growth of Highland farming systems for rural Transformation’ (BRIGHT) will target over 100,000 Ugandan highland households in Kigezi, Mt Elgon, and Rwenzori regions, building project interventions from the ground up that are based on the aspirations and needs of targeted farming households and communities. BRIGHT seeks to build the resilience capacity of farm households and the farming systems to recover from external shocks in an ever-changing context through absorption, adaptation, and transformation and, in so doing, increase incomes and food and nutritional security of all farmers, from subsistence-oriented farm households to more market-oriented ones.
The proposed project aims to achieve the following main impacts:
- Increased resilience, nutritional outcomes, and income for smallholder farm households; and
- Increased eco-efficient farming, making sustainable use of and protecting natural resources
IFDC is seeking to recruit a qualified individual to fill the position of Communications Manager for this project, to be based in the main project office of Fort Portal.
The Communications manager will be a national position and reports to the Project Manager. He/She will be based in the IFDC Fort Portal office. The Communications Manager will be responsible for strategic communication in the planning and delivery of the BRIGHT project. S/he will be supported by IFDC headquarters communications and knowledge management staff.
Duties & Responsibilities.
- Coordinate the collaborative design and implementation of project communication strategies and helping to keep them up to date.
- Maintain regular social media presence for the project
- Supporting technical staff in designing and producing audio, video, and visually oriented training materials.
- Preparing articles and success stories illustrating project(s) approaches and achievements.
- Liaising with the media by promoting and maintaining contacts with local, regional and national media.
- Assisting in developing all report and other promotion documents such as monthly briefs and intervention fact sheets – editing, formatting, illustration and graphics.
- Organizing the project(s) photo and video library.
- Collecting feedback on, and evaluating the impact of, communications activities.
- Developing and coordinating the production of radio and video infomercials.
- Organizing promotional events, media campaigns and press releases to promote project themes, messages, and achievements.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Act in accordance with and defend the best interests of IFDC
- Ability to work independently, under pressure to meet tight deadlines with quality output.
- Strong network in local and national communications and ability to find cost-effective means of promoting the projects achievements
- Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the achievement of goals.
- Consistently maintains focus and perseveres in the face of obstacles, inspiring others to do the same.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills with ability to maintain effective work relationships
- Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively
- Anticipates key issues in work and identify creative and practical solutions.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail in operationalization of administrative and finance tasks.
- Honors all commitments made to colleagues and partners.
- Have the ability to work in a multicultural environment, be open-minded and seek to understand
- A degree in public and media relations or other relevant qualification.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in mass media and public relations preferably in projects related to agriculture and nutrition.
- Excellent communication and organization skills and experience in promoting agriculture.
- Computer skills in word processing, PowerPoint, image editors, desktop publishing and other graphic software.
- Proven skills in video and audio program-making.
- Skills in event management, and strong interpersonal relations.
- Experience in developing training materials.
- English spoken, writing and editing skills. A good knowledge of one or more of the local languages in Uganda is advantageous.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.