The Power Solution Engineer’s role will be principal to assist the Power Solutions Specialist in all areas of their day-to-day business, as we implement and operate increasingly sophisticated power systems and solutions for our customers.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Reports To: Power Solutions Manager
The Power Solution Engineer’s role will be principal to assist the Power Solutions Specialist in all areas of their day-to-day business, as we implement and operate increasingly sophisticated power systems and solutions for our customers. They will be responsible for the implementation of all power efficiency programs within the telecommunications environment.
- Perform quality control on all civil works, plinths and access ducts.
- AVR setup and maintenance, power system installations and the testing of electrical equipment.
- Maintenance, refurbishment and commissioning of generator engines: Lister Peter, Perkins.
- Configuration of ATS systems: DSE, Intelilite, Power Wizzard 1.0, 1.2, 2.0
- Alternator maintenance and installation: Leroy Somer, Stamford and Meccalte.
- Wiring of ATS panels and reticulation to Delta BBS, Emerson Legacy systems and Huawei PowerCubes.
- AC system sizing: AVRs, transformers, distribution boards, cable specifications and wireways.
- Metalwork, structural design, welding and sheet metal design.
- Working on RF systems: Huawei and Ericsson
- Working on Transmission systems: Marconi MSH 41 and long haul systems. NEC Passo Link, Ericsson TN 6P, 20P and RAD SYSTEMS. Huawei RTN 910 TX Nodes and Fibre OSN Systems.
- DC systems design: Power dimensioning for new site builds and upgrades on both -48VDC and +24VDC systems.
- Site monitoring equipment: detailed analysis, reporting, and power problem trending with corrective actions.
- Understanding secondary battery fundamentals, calculating charging currents, and provisioning for temperature compensation based on the manufacturer's specifications.
- Design, maintain, and integrate HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems.
- Power system controller configuration, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Understanding of network protocol fundamentals and VPN trunk lines for remote server login and site access.
- Carry out equipment integration with various software systems and platforms.
- Understanding of network redundancy protection links: 1+1 to 1+9 and how switching is done when working on main and diversity microwave link systems to increase availability.
- Reactive maintenance, preventative maintenance, and quality control to ensure power availability.
- Understanding Ericsson outdoor power systems: 230 VAC to +24DC. Understanding load distribution on DCPDU and DCDU systems.
- Integrating external alarms from multiple systems into BTS OVPs and EMUA panels to ensure NOC visibility and correct functionality.
- Ensure that cost-saving initiatives are monitored and maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- The maintenance and operation of diesel generator systems is essential.
- Knowledge of RF Systems, Transmission Systems, Civil Works, GSM Site Build, Structures, Electricity distribution, and Power (AC and DC).
- Must be computer literate, MS Office, AutoCAD/MS Visio etc.
- Attention to Detail.
- Decision Making.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Innovative Thinking.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Customer Focused.
- Interpersonal Relations.
- Problem Solving.
- Reporting and documenting of solutions.
- Team Player with integrity.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Be able to work at elevated heights.
- A hard worker.
- Must perform well under pressure.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Telecommunication Site Operations
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the candidate may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
How to apply.
To apply, submit your application, detailed CV, and copies of Academic Documents through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.