Ministry Pilot, Uganda
Engineering & Technology
Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Samaritan’s Purse is making a difference in the lives of people in East and Central Africa. Roads in this region are often poor or non-existent. Most often, the best and safest way to get there is to use aircraft. You could have a career with impact as a Fixed-Wing Ministry Pilot in this region. This position supports Samaritan’s Purse East Africa programs and projects by providing safe and reliable air transportation. Pilots may be assigned to more than one aircraft type. Additionally, current base location(s) should not be assumed to be final; flexibility may be required.
A Day In The Life Of a Ministry Pilot
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Ministry Pilot, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Perform pilot duties, including filing flight plans, obtaining weather data and interpreting the information for flights, completing aircraft weight and balances for flights, loading and unloading passenger luggage and cargo
- Keep assigned aircraft charts and software updated
- Keep the aircraft clean, neat, and polished when home and away from the home base including sanitizing the aircraft restroom facilities after each flight. Assist in the maintenance, repair, and cleaning of the hangar and property
- Perform pre-flights and post-flights to ensure safety of flight
- Work with the FAA as assigned.
- Represent Samaritan’s Purse as a professional when dealing with donors, government officials, and others
- Aircrew should expect to overnight away from home base approximately 35% of the time and up to 30 days at a time when a humanitarian crisis arises
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of staff
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about
Qualifications & Experience
- Fifth-year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1,500 hours flight time
- Ability to obtain First Class Medical
- FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate - Airplane Single/Multi Engine Land with Instrument Rating
- A&P preferred but not required
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies
Job Location: Entebbe, Uganda
Accompaniment: Family Accompaniment
Travel Expectations: Approximately 35% of the time and up to 30 days at a time when a humanitarian crisis arises; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
- When at IHQ, on-site Medical Clinic (staff and dependents)
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement Of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.