Job title: Accountant - UG
Reporting to: Finance Manager, UG
Core Hours: 8:30 - 17:30, Monday- Friday and beyond as needed
Our client is a market leader in unsecured working capital solutions with a significant presence across multiple African countries. We empower micro and small businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa to grow and succeed by providing instant access to credit that unlocks business growth. Our products blend business credit with financial education to maximize the credit’s impact for business owners, and all are managed and delivered through our proprietary core banking platform.
Company Purpose: To Unlock Human Potential for Good
Company Mission: To Grow Business With Capital And Knowledge
Company Vision: The first choice for Micro Enterprise growth in Africa
- Ensuring all transactions are posted timely and accurately
- Assisting with the preparation of the month-end schedules
- Daily and monthly reconciliation for product KUZA
- Assist with monthly reconciliations for the Company bank accounts
- Ensuring financial controls adhere to
- Assist with the preparation of payments to suppliers and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations e.g. returns submitted and taxes paid on time
- Receiving and authenticating invoices and/ or statements from suppliers checking for accuracy, procurement process and supporting documents.
- Ensuring that expenses are duly supported by an Invoice, Delivery Note, Goods Received Note, LPO/Contract, Purchase Requisition etc.
- Book invoices in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 system accurately and to the right expenses/assets lines.
- Handle queries from creditors as they arise and on a timely basis.
- Managing the filing and archiving of all the documents related to creditors handled.
- Participate in and support internal and external audits by producing the required data and supporting documents and/ or schedules.
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and assist in monthly depreciation and schedules
- Annual visits to all the branches for asset verification and tagging
- Assist with ad-hoc financial requests
- Perform other duties as assigned
• BSc/BA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) Competencies:
• Proficiency in Excel and experience of using accounting software a bonus
• A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure.
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
• B.Com or BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
• or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) Competencies
• Work experience as an Accounting Assistant or Accountant
• 2-3 years experience
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures.
• Familiarity with finance regulations
• Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
• Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting