Vice President (VP) Finance / Chief Financial Officer
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
You will be responsible for overseeing the company's financial activities, including planning and reporting, leading on risk management and helping to develop the company's strategy. You will be the key financial leader in the company, working closely with the CEO and Senior Management team to help the company to grow and succeed
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
Start date: Immediate
Role-based in Kampala, Uganda
Who we are:
Our client believes that everyone in African cities should have access to affordable services at a click of a button. Our platform is carefully designed to meet the needs of African consumers as a one-stop shop for transportation, payments, and on-demand services. While motorcycle taxis serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. Our safe, convenient, transportation platform provides for Africa’s booming young population as well as creates community and stability for our rider fleet. Our payments and on-demand services empower our users to transfer money, pay bills and deliver packages instantly from the comfort of their homes.
Operational in Uganda, we are a venture-funded Series B company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in Africa. Our backers include Google, Unbound, GoVentures (GoJek’s VC), AllianzX, Yamaha, and Beenext, among others. We have a passionate and highly engaged team of superstars based in East Africa. Together we aim to revolutionize transport and payment delivery in Africa’s cities.
You will be responsible for overseeing the company's financial activities, including planning and reporting, leading risk management, and helping to develop the company's strategy. You will be the key financial leader in the company, working closely with the CEO and Senior Management team to help the company to grow and succeed.
- Identify and execute financial analyses to identify opportunities to optimize business performance, create value, and help shape the strategic direction of the company;
- Develop financial models to evaluate specific business initiatives;
- Support future fundraising activities and key partnerships;
- Support board-level initiatives and manage existing shareholder relationships and requirements;
- Ownership over group-related financial reporting and financial analysis;
- Supervise the local finance teams on the completion of financial reporting, operating procedures, and identifying efficiencies;
What we are looking for:
- CPA, ACA, ACCA, or CFA qualification or other accountancy qualification required;
- Have 7+ years of experience in a professional or start-up environment with at least 3+ years of management experience;
- Knowledge and background in GAAP, including the presentation of GAAP-based financial reports such as IFRS;
- Expertise in financial modeling, budgeting, and financial analysis;
- Strong analytical skills and confidence in presenting opposing views;
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with staff at all levels;
- Proficient in the use of Excel/Google Sheets and financial reporting software (e.g. Odoo, SAP, etc);
- Be emotionally intelligent, humble, and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences, backgrounds, and skills;
- Excitement for the company and what we are trying to achieve.
- Competitive salary, ESOP
- Health insurance
- Free tasty lunch every day for all staff at the company academy
- Free company wallet balance to take daily rides to and from work
- Paid annual leave
- A supportive team environment with mentorship from the company leadership
- Be a critical part of a team at the pinnacle of tech entrepreneurship in Africa
Community – we started as a small community of Boda drivers and we will never forget this. We share lunch and we care about our community of staff, drivers, entrepreneurs, and customers.
Innovation – we challenge the status quo and believe that positive change is possible. We bring solutions that constantly require us to think out of the box.
Transparency – We are open-minded in what we do. We have candor and share our experiences openly without fear of judgment. We love feedback on our product and our performance so that we can improve every day.
Safety – if we don’t care about safety ourselves, then how can we change our industry for the better?
Trust – we expect customers to trust our drivers and entrepreneurs, so we need to trust one another in everything we do.
Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we are accountable for our actions. We deliver what we say we will deliver.
Collective Commitment - teams and entrepreneurs are allowed to disagree while a decision is being made; however, everybody must commit to it once a decision has been made. “I agree and I commit, I disagree and I commit”.
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.