The tax accountant will maintain a high level of integrity, accuracy, team work, a keen eye to detail, and timely delivery of work while supporting all the departmental duties assigned to him/her to achieve good quality work. He / She will provide sufficient support to the institute at all times in tax related issues and other finance processes as per policies and regulations.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
Position: Tax Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager
General Summary: The tax accountant will maintain a high level of integrity, accuracy, team work, a keen eye to detail, and timely delivery of work while supporting all the departmental duties assigned to him/her to achieve good quality work. He / She will provide sufficient support to the institute at all times in tax related issues and other finance processes as per policies and regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring the Institute is complaint with monthly returns: (WHT, PAYE, VAT & LST plus Statutory contribution NSSF).
- Support management in annual tax planning, evaluate tax regulations and suggest policies that reduce tax burden
- Periodic reconciliation of the Company ledgers with URA and ensuring compliance with URA regulations
- Processing tax exemptions for the institute
- Liaison officer for the Institute with URA and Tax advisor
- Manage and maintain the Institute’s tax database
- Arrange trainings and coaching of staff on new tax amendments.
- Offer support and guidance during institutional audits
- Provide operational support for finance function specifically in financial management
- Ensuring timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Management of Institutional payable and receivable accounts and ensuring timely payments and that all paid invoices have the required necessary support documents as per finance policy
- Verifies the accuracy and authenticity of project accountabilities, identifies appropriate general ledger codes for expensing accountabilities in NAV.
- Collects and analyzes source documents (time sheet, inventory releases, Mileage / vehicle usage) documents and calculates cost allocations to the Company cost centers, affiliates and projects
- Analyzes direct and indirect costs to determines proper allocation for optimum cost recovery, develops and improves methods for identifying and allocating recoverable costs
- And any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Professional Qualification i.e. ACCA, CPA etc.
- 4-5 years of working experience as a tax accountant or related task.
- Person Specifications Required Competencies, skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience managing taxation assignments and reporting requirements by local tax governing body
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial reporting standards, financial management processes and procedures
- Familiarity with Uganda Revenue Authority Regulations
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Critical Thinking Ability
- Strong People Skills
How to apply.
To apply, submit your application, detailed CV, and copies of Academic Documents through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.