Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Support accounting activities including Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, and Employee Expense management; includes preparation and posting of journal entries, entering bank transactions, balance sheet account reconciliations, and other general accounting duties.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
INSPIRING THE CREATORS OF TOMORROW
Who We Are
Sphero is transforming PK-12 education with accessible tools that encourage exploration, imagination, and perseverance through STEAM and computer science. With the help of educators around the world, we are empowering learners of all backgrounds and abilities to discover their interests and passions while equipping them with the skills they need to be the world’s future Changemakers.
With physical presences in Greenville, TX, Hong Kong, and fully-remote, globally-based employees, Sphero has become the market leader in EdTech solutions, loved by millions of educators, students, and parents worldwide.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a highly versatile Staff Accountant with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions of the organization and within the accounting team. We’re looking for someone with general accounting knowledge with a process oriented mindset. This person should be able to follow company procedures and comply with GAAP accounting. This person will be fully remote and report directly to the Controller.
General Ledger and Systems
- Support accounting activities including Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, and Employee Expense management; includes preparation and posting of journal entries, entering bank transactions, balance sheet account reconciliations, and other general accounting duties.
- Participate in formalized month-end close procedures including prepaid expenses, accruals, allocations, and reconciliations to ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Support the maintenance of intangible and fixed asset sub-ledger, including monthly amortization.
- Help to ensure all business transactions are reasonable, appropriate, and necessary.
Technical Accounting and Compliance
- Assist with the federal, state and local tax filing process including 1099 reporting and NEXUS review.
- Assist with the annual external financial audit and other required financial audits, including preparation of audit schedules, organization and review of supporting documentation.
- Support the accounting team in developing and maintaining policies, including internal controls.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
- Experience with an ERP in handling accounting transactions.
- Experience in Excel with maintaining schedules and reconciliations.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively organize and navigate electronic file systems.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a remote environment.
- Ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines while in a remote team environment.
- Must reside in and be authorized to work in the United States.
This is your opportunity to impact the STEAM, robotics, and computer science revolution with an inspired, dynamic, innovative team that is transforming the world of PK-12 education. If you’re interested in bringing your unique talent to support our mission, please send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $76,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
Benefits (Health benefits available the 1st of the month following your start date): Sphero offers 100% paid medical plan (buy up plan available), dental and vision insurance; short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, AD&D insurance, FSA, HSA (with HDHP medical plan), 401(k) plan, stock options, unlimited PTO, 4-day work weeks, 2 week-long company shut downs per year, ability to work remotely full time, paid parental leave, education reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and a technology benefit.
We encourage and welcome applicants with any and all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and competencies. All decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge are based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the business. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.