Head of Finance
Our Client comprises a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees, and £56billion of assets under management as of 30th June 2019, They have been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services.
The Client provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees, and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings, and making investments, they help maintain the growth cycle. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly in Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire, and Togo.
The role holder will assist in financial planning, execution of efficient operational performance, regulatory and statutory compliance, strategic direction, and leadership to ensure that the company vision, mission, strategic goals, and objectives are achieved. Reporting to Head of Finance.
• To design and manage controls and procedures for effective management of the Company’s financial and other resources and ensure timely and accurate reporting.
• Develop and implement robust accounting systems embedded with appropriate controls that help safeguard the company’s assets and ensure accurate and timely reporting.
• Coordinate external and internal audits and implement audit recommendation
• To prepare annual budgets and long-term business plans for all departments to comply with budgetary provisions.
• Establish and monitor the implementation of an effective and robust treasury management system that secures company funds whilst maximizing profitability and facilitating effective cash flow management and compliance with the Insurance Act
• Prepare and manage the company’s cash flows to meet all financial obligations as they may fall due. This will include effective asset and liability management to match the maturity profiles of assets and liabilities.
• Preparation of the management accounts, regulatory returns, on a monthly and quarterly basis
• To prepare strategy reviews and reports to both managers and board on a quarterly basis
Core Competences Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or in a related field
• ACCA or CPA
• Experienced working in a life Insurance Company is an added advantage
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
• Strong communications capabilities
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section