Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital that was started by a group of Consultant Doctors in 2009 who came together with a goal of setting up a world class hospital that would meet the healthcare needs of Ugandans and East Africans who were seeking medical treatment outside the region, due to the gap in quality healthcare services in the country.
In all we do, we must remember this background and uphold this goal, guided by the vision, mission and values of the hospital.
Our Mission is to provide quality, sustainable, compassionate health care by leveraging local and international talent and state-of-the-art technology.
As such we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Senior Accountant Interested candidate should be able to;
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities.
1. Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
2. Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
3. Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or provide advice
4. Establish chart of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
5. Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
6. Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
7. Timely preparation of bank reconciliation statements.
8. Timely preparation of management accounts
9. Preparation of final accounts for reporting purposes to both internal and external users.
10. Attending to internal and external auditors including resolving all audit queries in a timely manner.
11. Advise Chief Finance Officer about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
12. Play an oversight role in the management of cash resources of the hospital.
13. Advise staff and management in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, and the design of accounting and data processing systems
14. Investigate bankruptcies and other complex financial transactions and prepare reports summarizing the findings.
15. In liaison with the Human Resources Department, participate in the preparation of the payroll at the end of each month.
16. Ability to work under pressure, multi task and work to meet tight deadlines.
17. Supervisor the cashiers and hold regular meetings with the team
Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills, Strong verbal and written communication skills, Strong leadership and team building skills, Aggressive anticipation of impacts of workload, Willingness to work some longer hours during peak periods, Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business Administration/other relevant degree, specializing in Accounting, and successful completion of professional courses like CPA /ACCA
2. Three to five years of accounting experience
3. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including IFRS.
4. Knowledge of financial and accounting ERP software applications.
5. Knowledge of state financial regulations.
6. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.