Accounting, Auditing & Finance
The Senior Accountant position will be based in Kampala and reports directly to the Finance Manager
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
our client is one of the leading exporters of high-quality coffee, with warehouses and processing facilities in Kampala and out-stations in all coffee-growing regions of Uganda. The company has been working towards better integration in the local market and has become a professional, long-term, and trusted business partner towards its suppliers and customers. Our commitment to developing the Ugandan coffee industry is unwavering, and we are proud of our positive contribution to the industry.
The Senior Accountant position will be based in Kampala and reports directly to the Finance Manager. The main responsibility for this position is ensuring that proper accounting systems are maintained to provide the information required for planning, preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
- Coaches and supervises Accountants and other junior team members.
- Understands and has a solid working knowledge of accounting principles and applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.
- Prepare Management Accounts & Schedules and analyses as may be specified from time to time.
- Checks entries for correctness for coding and posting to cash books and the general Ledger, ensuring accuracy and processing into the Accounts Systems. This includes ensuring that proper cost and income allocations among others are done.
- Liaises and coordinates with other departments on information requirements to ensure compliance
- Supports the Finance Manager in the preparation of financial information required both routine and ad-hoc in nature for Management/Financial Reporting.
- Assist with annual audit preparations or any other period or statutory audits that may come up and investigates and resolves audit findings, account discrepancies, and any issues of non-compliance.
- Reviews periodically existing internal finance and account control systems, and where necessary consult the Finance Manager with a view to improving efficiency and effectiveness of current policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all statutory returns are accurate and are filed within the required time.
- Supports month-end and year-end close processes to ensure timely reporting.
- Assists in monitoring the performance of various departments through variance analysis to identify adverse trends and report to the Finance Manager
- Understands and is familiar with system security and safety procedures and requirements to protect the completeness, accuracy, and integrity of accounting data and information.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 6 + years of accounting experience
- Professional certification i.e. CPA/ACCA (Must have)
- Working knowledge of tax Laws
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Awareness of business trends
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Our staff appreciates
- Medical Insurance for permanent staff
- Subsidized lunch
- Joining a friendly and supportive team
- Individual vocational training options
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.