Watu Credit is a dynamic fast growing non-bank finance company that harnesses technology to offer both secured and unsecured lending primarily via mobile services.
Watu Credit aims to become the leading East African provider of a broad set of inclusive financial products, delivered through technology in a fast, efficient and professional manner. The Company commenced its business operations in 2015 in Kenya, further expanding to Uganda in 2019, with the clear vision to be the best in class provider for short and medium term loan products tailored to the exact needs of target customers and delivered through mobile technology.
To strengthen our team of Recovery officers we are looking for energetic and hardworking individual to be based in our Kampala branch (possible allocation to other branches of Watu Credit within Uganda in the future).
Major responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and controlling of assigned Asset Finance Portfolio using Company software.
- In cooperation with other members of Asset Finance Recovery, identifying overdue clients who have failed to comply with the contractual payment schedule, and where the telephone follow-up deemed not effective.
- In cooperation with other members of Asset Finance Recovery, prioritizing the collection assignments in accordance with Watu Credit collection policy.
- Proposing the best client handling and debt collection strategy to the Recovery team and the Head of Asset Finance Recovery.
- While in the field, identifying and applying most efficient communication tactic persuading the client to close his overdue and return to payment compliance, or repossessing collateral in case all previous communication attempts have failed.
- Other related duties in connection with handling of collateral in Asset Finance.
- Previous experience in Microfinance / Debt Recovery.
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Unquestioned integrity and transparency.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Highest degree of dependability and commitment. Readiness to work irregular hours.
- Fluent English and Kiswahili in verbal and writing.
We are offering:
- Dynamic, challenging, performance focused environment.
- Multicultural, supportive and friendly team.
- Competitive salary.
- Possibilities for career growth.
- Modern office in green area of Kampala.
Salary for this position is 1.000.000 UGX month/gross + KPI bonus
NB! Motorbike driver’s license and practical skills to ride a motorbike are essential for this position.
- Only candidates who are able to ride a motorbike and in possession a valid Driving License are expected to apply. Please state clearly in your application whether you comply with this requirement.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit Cover Letter, detailed CV, earliest start date to our email email@example.com