Our client, a leading international operator, have a current opportunity for a Offsites Technical Leader on a contract basis. The position will be based in Kampala (residential) supporting a challenging onshore project (heavy and waxy oils).
Candidate must have:
HND or equivalent professional experience
15+ Years' Experience in the field of Construction planning, execution, and completion in the oil and gas industry
Experience in a similar role working directly for owner/operator.
Proven working experience in oil and gas project execution
Advanced knowledge of pipeline and offshore facilities construction management processes, means and methods
Understanding of all facets of the construction process related to pipeline construction offshore/onshore and offshore platforms
Ability to plan and anticipate coordination of construction activities with engineering and procurement progress
Strong people skills - ability to develop effective transverse working across teams and topics.
Based within the project (Upstream) Offsites team, assistance is required to support the package management and construction teams as activities ramp up. The Offsites technical Leader role is to bring extensive experience in the preparation and execution of the construction activities related to the Offsites package and to ensure a strict and effective control of the contractor methods, preparation, and realization of such activities throughout the construction phase on site. S/he shall provide insight into the risks and challenges that the Contractors can face in the execution of the works and work on possible mitigations in close liaison with the Package Manager, the relevant Area Leads and the overall Site Technical Manager.
S/He shall actively support the teams, through a technical and construction management approach, with the goal of achieving the most expectable outcomes, support and collaborate with the Contractors as required for all Offsite construction activities.
The Offsite Technical Manager's expertise and previous experience in working on the execution of oil and gas pipeline installation and offshore facilities projects shall bring a key and in depth understanding of what is involved and what is required from the Offsites EPSCC Contractor to limit the cost, planning and technical exposure of the project during the Offsite construction on site.
* Permanently assess the HSE management system of the Offsite EPSCC Contractor on Site and the HSE workforce in place with all Offsites subcontractors active on site - identify weaknesses and support the site construction team in implementing required mitigations
* Report to the Project Management and the Site Technical Manager any major deficiency observed or anticipated in relation with the effectiveness of the HSE means and resources, organization deployed by the Contractors on Site.
* Analyze the execution and construction plan proposed by the Offsites EPSCC contractor, monitor the implementation and identify areas requiring improvement
* Challenge the Offsite EPSCC Contractor in his execution/construction planning and execution plan and report potential or effective deficiencies to the management and the Site Technical Manager
* Prepare, develop and substantiate Offsites construction plan improvement and mitigation plans with the involvement of the Company construction team on site - submit to the management of the project
* Support the Site Technical Manager in promoting and negotiating with the EPSCC Contractor the implementation of the required changes, measures, mitigations identified for Offsites activities and internally agreed
* Follow the implementation of proposed and agreed improvement and mitigation and support the Company construction team on site with this regard
* Review the construction planning(s) submitted by the Offsite EPSCC Contractor and those proposed by his main subcontractors - analyses and identify inconsistencies and required to correct - identify links with the execution plan of Contractor
* Provide key input to the schedule risk analysis with regards to Offsites construction execution and main subcontractors management.
* Support the Offsites Area Lead in the coordination between Engineering and procurement activities managed from London and China and resulting in site Offsites activities
* Attend technical and planning Constructability reviews to be organized with the Offsites contractor(s) - Provides valuable input in such reviews to ensure smooth, state of the art and safe procedures to be implemented on site for all offsites construction activities
* In support to the Site Technical Manager, ensure follow up from Offsites constructability reviews with the construction team on site and transfer leadership to construction team for any output implementation
* Ensure adequate level of supervision of all safety critical activities to be handled on site for the Offsites part - in particular make sure
that the third-party warranty surveyor has been involved adequately for all site activities
* In support to the Site Technical Manager, identifies technical issues, including QC related issues, linked to Offsites construction and organize/lead resolution with Contractor with full support and implication of the engineering team on one side, through the Dpty engineering manager, and the full involvement of the Company construction management team and construction relevant team members.
* Work in close cooperation with EPSCC QC leader and site construction team to ensure QC, welding and NDT activities are properly anticipated and coordinated with contractor.
* Participate and animate the weekly/monthly construction meeting with Contractor
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.