The Loans Officer will evaluate and process credit and loan applications. In this position, you will act as a liaison between applicants and the Cooperative, helping qualified applicants obtain loans and set up payment plans.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
The Loans Officer will evaluate and process credit and loan applications. In this position, you will act as a liaison between applicants and the Cooperative, helping qualified applicants obtain loans and set up payment plans. Your duties will include meeting with applicants, preparing loan proposals, and examining active loans. The ideal candidate must have experience managing different types of loans including home loans, business loans, and individual loans. Candidates should demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Meet with loan applicants to identify their needs and collect information for loan applications.
- Research applicants' financial status, references, credit history and evaluate their ability to repay the loan
- Analyze active loan files on a regular basis and recommend solutions to speed up the loan process.
- Complete loan contracts and teach clients on policies and regulations.
- Interview applicants to define financial eligibility and establish debt payment plans.
- Monitor and update account records.
- Submit loan applications in a timely manner.
- Prepare detailed loan proposals.
- Reject loan applications and explain deficiencies to applicants.
- Respond to applicants' questions and resolve any loan-related issues.
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a similar field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a loans officer.
- Solid understanding of local and state loan regulations.
- In-depth knowledge of computers and banking software.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Customer service-oriented with exceptional sales skills.
How to Apply
Applications with copies of academic documents, Salary Expectations, CV, and contact details of three work-related referees, should be submitted through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Interviews.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.