Junior Software Developer
Software & Data
Be the customer champion by constantly engaging with our customers and users to inform the way in which we serve their needs. This also means keeping a pulse on the market and competitors
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
OurVision: Africa’s solution to bridging the talent gap.
Our Mission: We develop and connect great African talent to work opportunities.
Reporting to Product Lead, EA
Territory: East Africa
Direct Reports: N/A
- Be the customer champion by constantly engaging with our customers and users to inform the way in which we serve their needs. This also means keeping a pulse on the market and competitors.
- Your role involves but is not limited to scoping customer needs, developing business & technical requirements, providing business feedback, investigating bugs, and gathering user feedback.
- You are responsible for ensuring product delivery excellence in the way and manner our products are delivered to customers (employers).
- You are the product manager on the ground as far as the sales and operational teams are concerned.
- When there is non-clarity between business expectations and technical outputs, it is your job to fix it using knowledge, influence, and action.
- When products are not working well in the market, you are the point of call for CEOs, sales, and op teams and they expect you to fix this.
Product Development & Operations:
- Own market, competitive analysis, and product benchmarking within and outside the region and offer recommendations to your line manager
- Interview customers and users
- User journey mapping, identifying mental models, and thinking styles
- Coordinate the operational delivery of products and services of the business to market working closely with relevant stakeholders within ROAM & Cube.
- Serve as first-level platform support for internal business stakeholders (e.g. CX)
- Collaborate effectively with marketing to ensure success of pre & post launch activities to ensure success of new product releases.
- Product documentation for internal and external stakeholders
- On-platform UX research and feedback collation from end-users to identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement
- Translate Jobberman or BrighterMonday business & technical requirements to Cube and vice-versa
- Other related activities and assignments as assigned by the Product Lead..
- Creating a shared language that bridges the gap between Business, Product and People
- Equip sales/ops/cx team with adequate knowledge of our tools and tech through consistent training, coaching and any other means necessary.
- Deliver product training to new hires and existing members of staff to maximize business outcomes.
- Assess product knowledge of relevant teams to determine sales readiness and implement appropriate remediation measures
- Provide sales support and act in a technical sales capacity as may be required from time to time.
- Take ownership of business KPIs (revenue, listings, transactions etc.) and drive success within the region.
- Chief Product and Growth Officer
- Business Leads
- Sales and CX Teams in markets
- Marketing & Corp Comms
Major challenges & complexities
- Product knowledge and experience in e-Commerce / Online Marketplaces
- Dealing with mid-level stakeholders within and outside the business
- Dealing with tradeoffs to achieve business objectives
- A first degree in any discipline
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Relevant professional certifications
- Product, UX, and UI certification preferable
- Customer service certification is preferable
- Relevant Experience 1+ years of business analysis, product management, or any analytical role in the software industry (e.g. conducting competitor analysis and market research).
Skills and Competency
- Business Acumen
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, HotJar)
- Excellent communication skills
- A creative mind with a keen eye for detail
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Communication Skills
- People Management
- People’s person dealing with customers and job seekers
KPIs to measure success.
- Turnaround Time (TAT)
- Revenue Growth in all platform-based product m-o-m
- NPS growth q-o-q
- Rating by Sales, Ops, Marketing and others on a m-o-m (Q: Have you been helpful to growing/equipping your team and business)
How to apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including an updated CV and cover letter through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.