The Grants Manager will contribute to achieving high quality programming by ensuring effective grants management including, compliance requirements, reporting, timely and quality proposal development, and internal and external communication.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
The Grants Manager will contribute to achieving high quality programming by ensuring effective grants management including, compliance requirements, reporting, timely and quality proposal development, and internal and external communication. when relevant S/he line manages the Grants Officer, ensures NRC programme/support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and NRC procedures, manages donor and other external reporting, and coordinates grant revisions.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures;
- Support overview and maintenance of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database).
- Support the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control;
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets, and donor reports;
- Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals;
- Contribute to continuously improve internal grant management systems;
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing;
- Organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports;
- Build positive working relationships with other teams in the Country Office to coordinate and support development of high quality proposals using relevant NRC Grant Management tools and guidance (Go/ No-go checklist, proposal development calendar, procurement plan, internal budgeting tool);
- Coordinate proposal development for NRC Uganda’s portfolio of donors;
- Work closely with Budget Holders, programme teams, and finance as well as other stakeholders to compile accurate proposal budget and assess whether all necessary costs have been included.
Due Diligence Assessments and Agreements
- Lead on NRC Uganda’s due diligence assessment when and as required by an existing or new donor;
- Lead on organizational assessments of Partners as per NRC’s Grants Management procedures;
- In coordination with the Head of Programme draft Partner Agreements/MoUs with relevant Annexes and take through signing processes;
- Contribute to partner capacity building as required and identified in partner assessment.
- Review donor contracts, flag any points that might challenge NRC’s procedures, and support contract negotiations;
- Work with finance team to support/advise them in development of internal budgeting tool and communication with field offices on allocated budget;
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in a related field;
- Experience of donor relations and grants management (e.g. with institutional humanitarian and development donors);
- Experience working in complex/ insecure environments and with displaced populations;
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations;
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal development and working with multiple donors;
- Good personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Staff capacity-building experience;
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements.
Context related skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organisational and team working skills;
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision;
- Ability and willingness to work/live and be mobile under difficult circumstances;
For a more information see the detailed Job Description
Duty Stations:Kampala, Uganda
Duration of contract: 12 months, full-time, in accordance with local labour laws.
Grade 8 in NRC’s grading structure
This position is open to nationals only.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.