The Financial Modeler is primarily responsible for financial analysis and modelling, focused on delivering business case appraisals for complex transactional capex projects.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Fusion Title: Financial Modeler
Reports to: Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
The Financial Modeler is primarily responsible for financial analysis and modeling, focused on delivering business case appraisals for complex transactional capex projects.
The Financial modeler shall carry out post-implementation reviews on projects rolled out and share reports in a manner and timeline as agreed with their supervisor. Management will depend on information provided by the financial modeler to make decisions on major capital investments and various growth strategies.
- Performing financial appraisals of capex investment business cases primarily related to site builds, collocations, and power efficiency projects.
- Conducting post implementation reviews on capex investment projects to give the business broader insights on the project outcomes.
- Preparing regular reports to monitor profitability and operation of defined KPI’s on new and special interest projects.
- Maintain and keep upto date the in-country transactional capex recovery models.
- Conducting in-depth review of projects or accounts to give the project owners and wider business an understanding of issues driving the project.
- Preparing reports and presentations for the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager that aid in management decision making.
- Uploading and tracking the progress of approval of Project Profitability Appraisals in the Kiss flow workflow tool to ensure modeling SLAs are adhered to.
- Source and manage metrics and collect information on the Ugandan market, customers, and industry to improve management decision-making and performance.
- Exhibiting flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist ad hoc projects as required.
- Maintaining relationships with several departments within the company and ensuring they receive appropriate and timely information.
- Assisting the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager on other projects and operational support as may be assigned from time to time inclusive of the budgeting and forecasting cycles.
- Working closely with other teams to ensure the organization’s strategic goals and performance objectives are met.
- Creating a high-performing team environment enables employees to reach their full potential and maximize personal and business performance.
- Other duties assigned.
- Experience of ERP systems, Oracle knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative and analytical thinker
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and able to multitask, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be occasions that require working beyond the standard working week to ensure the position's expectations and responsibilities are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Member of professional accounting body (ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CFA, CFI…)
- Degree in Accounting / Business Commerce / Finance/ Statistics
- 3-5 years of experience in a busy business environment including transactional
- accounting, reporting functions, audit support, matrix organizations and systems responsibilities.
- 2 Years of Financial Modelling experience
- Detailed accounting knowledge of income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows required.
- Experience in Telecom, REIT, Investments, or any other capex heavy industry is preferred.
- Excellent grasp of Microsoft excel and related tools
- 90% of work will be performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. 5-10% travel will be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
- We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
How to apply.
To apply, submit your application, detailed CV, and copies of Academic Documents through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.