Director, Global Indirect Tax
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Defines and implements a centralized global indirect tax strategy aligned with our strategic business and corporate tax goals, supported by a global structure (i.e., people, technology, process, governance) and an efficient operating model with adequate internal controls. Effectively leads the business through necessary changes.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:15 years
Director, Global Indirect Tax
Remote Eligible: Remote Global
Location: Marlborough, MA, US, 01752
Additional Locations: Preference for this role to by Hybrid at any BSC site globally, however, open to considering fully remote candidates
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
This newly created position will report directly to Boston Scientific’s global head of tax. Has ultimate responsibility for, and manages all aspects of, the Company’s global indirect tax function (including value added tax, goods & services tax, and sales & use tax). Defines and implements a centralized global indirect tax strategy and operating model that is aligned with the Company’s broader business and tax strategies. Supports strategic global business projects (including M&A, ERP/tax technology implementations, supply chain transformations, etc.). Develops and implements policies, procedures, and processes to ensure reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner. Reasonably interprets laws and administrative guidance with a focus on minimizing the indirect tax liability of the Company and our customers. Manages tax audits and ensures globally consistent tax audit defense strategies and positions are adopted. Requires in-depth knowledge of global indirect tax laws as well as the Boston Scientific organizational structure and supply chain. Performance directly impacts BSC’s ability to avoid tax authority adjustments, interest, and associated penalties. Participates with other members of tax leadership in planning the Company’s operations to minimize taxes, consistent with our overall corporate objectives. Shares knowledge and collaborates across the tax organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defines and implements a centralized global indirect tax strategy aligned with our strategic business and corporate tax goals, supported by a global structure (i.e., people, technology, process, governance) and an efficient operating model with adequate internal controls. Effectively leads the business through necessary changes.
- Develops and implements globally consistent and locally compliant indirect tax policies, procedures, and processes to ensure that all tax reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner. Oversees the implementation of information systems that improve the quality, accuracy, and efficiency of indirect tax compliance. Identifies existing indirect tax weaknesses and pain points and develops mitigation measures.
- Ensures (including through subordinate managers) that material claimed indirect tax positions have the requisite level of authority. Communicates risks associated with uncertain positions. Oversees indirect tax audits with responsibility for outcomes and ensures globally consistent tax audit defense strategies and positions are adopted by the company.
- Develops the company’s indirect tax positions with respect to critical business matters and coordinates appropriate implementation with key stakeholders within the business (including sales, supply chain and logistics, legal, finance, tax, IT, transfer pricing, etc.).
- Supports strategic business priorities and projects in an indirect tax advisory role (e.g., M&A, ERP/tax technology implementations, supply chain, legal or other business restructuring, etc.). Develops plans for integrating acquired companies into our indirect tax reporting systems.
- Develops holistic and coordinated business response to critical global indirect and other tax developments including e-invoicing, real time reporting, SAF-T, etc.
- Proactively identifies, quantifies, and addresses global indirect tax cost and cash flow management opportunities.
- Keeps the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Communicates effectively at all levels driving organizational alignment with overall vision, direction, objectives, and strategies.
- Builds strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives. Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, outside regulatory agencies, customers, vendors and/or suppliers.
- Creates an entrepreneurial environment and demonstrates effective change leadership.
- Attracts and retains critical talent and enables a high-performance culture.
- Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Provides general direction to managers, exempt specialists and non-exempt support in various areas, groups and/or operations.
- 15+ years of public accounting and/or industry experience dealing with indirect tax rules and regulations in EMEA, APAC and Americas regions.
- 5+ years’ experience within med-tech industry preferred
- Experience advising and supporting or managing businesses undertaking complex global business, finance, tax and IT transformations.
- Experience working with or solid knowledge of SAP, Ariba, and tax technology tools (e.g., tax engines, indirect compliance solutions, e-invoicing and real time reporting solutions, etc.).
- General exposure income tax, customs, and transfer pricing issues
- Demonstrated managerial experience supervising teams of 5 or more people
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive change in a global organization.
- Excellent coaching, personnel development, and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Requisition ID: 560580
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.