Chief Financial Officer
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer is responsible for managing the finance, accounts, and treasury functions of the business by making sure the company remains solvent and well capitalized, with healthy top-line growth, strong margins, proactive tax planning, and other factors.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:9 years
Business Function: Finance
Reports to: Direct - Chief Executive Officer
Matrix - Chief Financial Officer
Our Client comprises a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest-standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees, and £56billion of assets under management as of 30th June 2019, They have been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and its one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services.
The Client provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees, and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings, Fand making investments, they help to maintain the cycle of growth. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly in Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, and Togo.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer is responsible for managing the finance, accounts, and treasury functions of the business by making sure the company remains solvent and well capitalized, with healthy top-line growth, strong margins, proactive tax planning, and other factors. Also responsible for revenue forecast using precise financial modeling – informed by sales trends, economic and industry context, etc.
- This is a senior managerial role reporting to the CEO and the Board with functional reporting to the Africa CFO
- This position offers technical and financial expertise in the effective management of all financial activities across the business.
- The officeholder is expected to ensure that shareholders’ expectations and regulatory obligations are met.
- The office holder acts as a strategic business partner to the CEO.
- As a key member of the Senior Management team, the CFO will be expected to make a significant contribution to the commercial and financial affairs of the business at both a strategic and operational level. This leadership role defines and implements the leadership and transformation journey for the company
- Act as a business partner with other functions to ensure delivery of key initiatives for example:
- Selecting and developing winning plans for new strategic partnerships;
- IT transformation programme;
- HR initiatives such as compensation.
- Work with actuarial and risk teams to ensure financial risk is effectively managed, including through the development of risk management frameworks, mitigating actions and alert systems that ensure a ‘no surprise’ way of working.
- Lead and deliver key financial programs such as the development of IFRS17.
- Manage the relationship with Africa Regional HO to ensure stakeholders understand and buy into the compnay’s value story;
- Proactively look for ways to maximize the value of company’s portfolio, including maintaining expenses at an appropriate level, improving persistency and claims experience and optimizing the investment portfolio
- Develop, communicate and implement the company’s financials that support the delivery of the business plan and performance targets.
- Provide strong leadership to the finance function, taking full responsibility for all aspects of the company’s financial direction management.
- Build, maintain and enhance strong relationships among peers within the company Finance function
- Ensure timely and accurate submissions of management information to top management to allow timely, informed, and effective business decisions to be taken.
- With the actuarial team, ensure timely and accurate submissions of financial reporting information to internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate a well-run business.
Core Competences Required:
- Must have 9+ years of experience as a financial executive and leader with industry experience
- Must be a visionary and creative person with sound judgment and technical skills, analytical ability, and ability to focus and prioritize multiple – and sometimes competing – projects.
- High moral and ethical standards are required
- Must be well organized and efficient, decisive, intelligent, and able to articulate well; must possess outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well with people.
- Should be an outstanding educator, counselor, mentor, and skilled negotiator.
- Must be familiar with modern insurance finance measures including IFRS17 and EV;
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics, or another suitable field of study is required; a master’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration is preferred
- Professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA or CPA
How To Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.