Chief Commercial Officer
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Commercial Officer will provide leadership to the Commercial team, manage relationships with commercial partners, pursue alternative distribution channels for the Business, build and accelerate back-end support infrastructure and achieve the sales plan.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Chief Executive Officer
Our Client comprises a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest-standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees, and £56billion of assets under management as of 30th June 2019, They have been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and its one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services.
The Client provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees, and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings, Fand making investments, they help to maintain the cycle of growth. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly in Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, and Togo.o
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Commercial Officer will provide leadership to the Commercial team, manage relationships with commercial partners, pursue alternative distribution channels for the Business, build and accelerate back-end support infrastructure and achieve the sales plan. Key responsibilities will include Group business operations, risk, strategy, and new partnership acquisitions in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer.
As the ideal resource for this role, the successful candidate will be an ardent team player, with excellent people skills. In addition, she/he should possess good relationship-building, networking, and leadership
skills, the go-to person with an analytical mindset, proactive and self-driven, with the ability to meet sales targets.
- This position offers technical knowledge in alternative distribution channels management, group business underwriting, bancassurance, and group sales with oversight responsibility over the commercial function of the business.
- Coordination and providing strategic direction and support to the financial services and alternative distribution channels to ensure business growth.
- Responsible for formulating departmental strategic plan and budget in line with overall business goals and objectives.
- Establishment of partnerships with various entities for example non-life partners, brokers, etc.
- Responsible for meeting sales/revenue targets for bancassurance, alternative distribution, and group life.
- Management of the reinsurance treaty process through negotiations with reinsurers of annual reviews, recommendations to the board, and approvals by the Insurance Regulatory Authority
- Implement risk management strategies to ensure that risks carried by the company are appropriate.
- Ensure client satisfaction through the maintenance of good relations with both customers and intermediaries.
- Training and development of a committed, motivated, and high-performing commercial team to achieve key objectives.
- Ensure departmental processes, plans, and budgets such as those for staffing are aligned with the organization’s goals and values.
- Ensure the business is profitable through budget controls, effective management of loss ratios, and attainment of business development goals.
- Maintain good working relationships with existing counterparties and accelerate the growth of existing partnerships.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Core Competences Required:
- Degree in any relevant discipline.
- MBA may be an added advantage
- Professional Qualification in ACII / Marketing/Advance Diploma in Insurance will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience of which at least one is in a similar role
- An appreciation of business objectives and managerial problems.
- Able to handle confidential information and material with the highest degree of professional responsibility.
- Able to handle complex issues without supervision.
- Mature, positive attitude and self-confidence.
- Communication Skills, diplomacy, persuasion, tact, and discretion.
- An ability to establish and develop constructive relationships based on trust, respect, and reliability with those in the business at all levels.
- Business acumen with high integrity.
- Excellent, balanced, independent judgment.
- Works in an effective and efficient manner and achieves high results.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with third-party agents, regulators as well as staff across the Company, Regional, and Group Head Office.
- Stakeholder relationship management skills
- Analytical ability and good organizational skills
- Coaching and mentorship skills
- Conflict management and emotional intelligence
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Must have highly developed marketing and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage a large team and provide leadership and direction
- A previous commercial background in sales
- A high level of industry knowledge in relation to Bancassurance, Banking, Group life Insurance and the Insurance Regulatory environment.
- Ability to proactively network with colleagues in the industry
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.