Assistant Project IT Officer
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Software & Data
To install, configure, and maintain computer network systems for the project
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
Job purpose: To install, configure, and maintain computer network systems for the project
Responsibility: The Assistant IT Officer will ensure that project computer network is functioning properly and up-to-date.
• Install, configure and maintain the project’s computer network;
• Set up hardware and software applications as and when required;
• Maintain and repair the project’s computer network on a daily basis including checking for errors and helping colleagues troubleshoot problems;
• Provide general support for the project’s computer users;
Install and maintain peripherals (printers, keyboards, routers, modems, and smart devices) and ensure that they are both functional and secure;
• Handle colleague queries regarding networks, systems and applications, often through a help desk answering calls and emails regarding technological problems;
• Keep records of the project computer network's configurations, peripheral specifications, problems and solutions; and
• Handle various ongoing tasks such as checking and proofreading content, data entry, database maintenance and using printers, copiers and the like.
• An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of Information Communication Technology.
Competences and skills
• Extensive knowledge of the inner workings of computer networks, as well as how to operate and repair them;
• Ability to analyze and work with peripherals they may have never encountered before;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Good communication skills.
Location: Mbale Project Office
Duration: Full‐time (4 years ‐ full project life)
How to apply.
Potential candidates should download an application form from NEMA website www.nema.go.ug, fill the form and attach ‘O’ and ‘A’ level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: ‘Position-Name of Applicant’.
The one pdf file should be submitted to email@example.com NOT later than May 12, 2023 addressed. Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.