Deadline of this Job:25 September 2020
Duty Station:Within Uganda , Entebbe , East Africa
GIZ- Responsible Fisheries Business Chain Project (RFBCP) in Partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal and Fisheries (MAAIF) is implementing various activities in the Directorate of Fisheries Resources (DIFR), Department of Fisheries Regulation, Control and Quality Assurance in Entebbe. In order to support the project implementation, the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries is to recruit an Assistant Accountant and Data Officer,
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant positions existing in GIZ-RFBCP project on contract terms. .
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Number of Positions: One (1)
Salary: Attractive: Attractive
Reports to: Project Focal Person- MAAIF
Duty Station: MAAIF Headquarters, Entebbe, with frequent field travels
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
• Process incoming payments.
• Receive, process, and reconcile statements.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Generate and review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
• Prepare for audit exercises.
• Ensure compliance with accounting procedures as per the grant contract.
• Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
• Perform administrative and any other tasks as may be assigned.
Education Qualifications and Skills:
• A Bachelor's degree in Accountancy, A Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance, Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) and/or Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting Option) from a recognized institution
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data
• Outstanding mathematics and research skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should HAND DELIVER their applications in the Security registry on the address below; The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O Box 102 Entebbe- Uganda.
Applicants should attach copies of their Academic and Professional qualifications including a copy of the National Identity Card.
Applications should be delivered NOT LATER THAN 25th September 2020 at 5:00pm. 1.
Note: Female candidates and people with Disabilities are strongly advised to apply. MAAIF Projects are equal opportunities employers. Therefore, any form of canvassing will lead to automatic cancellation of one's application.
All services are offered free of charge, therefore, no money is required at any stage of recruitment.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.