Duties and Responsibilities
Receive and respond to all LN visitors’ inquiries, phone calls, and correspondence.
- Keeps the front desk attended to at all times.
- Receives incoming calls and transfer to individual offices in line with user requests and office procedures.
- Liaises with Human Resource and Administration Officer for updated information about LN in line with requests from relevant stakeholders (staff and/ or visitors).
- Attends graciously to visitors in line with their requests by directing them to the respective officers and answering their queries.
- Ensures speedy response to telephone and message services.
- Reports faults on telephones/fax machine to be repaired.
- Receives external correspondences, distributes and accounts for all incoming and outgoing correspondences as applicable
- Carries out the filing of documents in the Unit for safety and easy accessibility in line with best practices.
- Supports the placement of adverts in the media for various services and makes the follow-up to ensure that the LPO’s are signed for the adverts and the adverts appear on a preferred day.
Provide information on LN’s services to Visitors and inquirers either by telephone or electronically
- Maintains a steady supply of LN’s information pack for all Program areas for distribution to LN visitors as and when required.
- Responds to requests for information in consultation with appropriate persons in the directorates.
- Orders for front desk materials and ensure a continuous supply of resources
- Provides prompt, polite, and helpful responses to telephone and walk-in inquirers
Support in provision of logistical support to staff and AAU’s visitor's line with approved travel plans, LN Policies, and Procedures.
- Supports in making accommodation reservations for international visitors.
- Supports in making reservations for local and international travels for staff
- Prepares visa applications for staff traveling to various destinations.
- Drafts contracts for residential workshops with the hotel owner and ensure they are signed by the HR/Administration Officer
Provide Customer service and support the Administration Coordinator with communication roles.
- Receives and attends to LN’s visitor queries in a courteous manner.
- Draft memos, letters, written agreements, and other documents according to instructions from the HR/Administration Officer
- Follows up on letters and documents to and from the HR/Administration Officer’s office that requires feedback and action
- Prepares a yearly calendar of major activities, periodically update and follow up activity dates
Respond to staff administration needs
- Makes telephone contacts with suppliers as may be instructed by the HR and Administration Officer
- Makes contacts with job applicants to supply the required information or give necessary instructions
- Helps departments and units to requisition for and deliver to their stationery and other like supplies from the store
- Processes and arranges the delivery of tender documents to suppliers
Educational qualification and experience
- gree in Business Administration, Management, Office Management, Human Resource Management
- At least three years of relevant work experience in a reputable organization.
Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Skills in administration and procurement
- Customer care skills.
- Ability to establish critical working relationships
- Ability to promote and safeguard AAU policies
- Transformative feminist leadership skills
- Ability to conduct a power analysis
- Personal commitment to the Christian ethos and mission of Lifenet International, including a willingness to affirm the Apostles' Creed.
Your application must consist of a cover letter, a resume, at least three references. Please submit all applications via email to email@example.com
1. Subject Heading - Job Application - Administrative Assistant
2. Label All Attachments: Name - Administrative Assistant
- Resume/Cover Letter/etc.
3. Include a short paragraph in the email text introducing yourself and your relevant experience.