Working at project location – In this role, you will provide on-site support in the project location and/or VSO office, (full-time unless otherwise specified) for a set period of time. To ensure proper and complete records on the HRIS, procurement, general administration and assist in the day to day running of the VSO office.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reception: Support the Front Office Volunteer Support Officer to ensure that the reception is well branded and all visitors are well attended to.
• Filing Records: Ensure employee files are kept in accordance with the VSO Data Protection and Confidentiality Policy. Ensure that volunteer files are maintained accurately and meet VSO confidentiality requirements. Maintain the country office hard filing system in a secure and confidential manner. These will include staff, volunteers plus the hard files for ICS youth volunteers Should keep the keys safely.
• Systems Admin : Ensure staff and volunteer data administration is undertaken to enable accurate, up to date records, including contact details and emergency contacts. This will include the details for professional volunteers and staff.
• Logistics Support: Arrange transportation for volunteers coming in and out of the country in a timely and most efficient manner.
• Boards Management: Maintain; the leave board, external meetings log board, and ICS board with up to date information easily accessible by the other members of the team.
• Manage the calendar white board ensuring that all the month’s activities are logged at the beginning of the month.
• Volunteer support: Support the Assistant HR officer to collect all paperwork for volunteer files and work permits. Ensure the receipt and collection of volunteer passports is properly recorded.
• Postage: Manage the VSO post office ensuring that payment for the box is coordinated with the operations office in a timely manner.
• Audit support: Work together with the Head of People & Operations to provide the required information during internal & external audits
• Administration support: Work as the link for the country leadership team, providing them support with following up tasks from meetings and ensuring that actions are worked on in a timely manner. Fixing appointments for the country director and the senior management team members.
• Manage the Country Director’s calendar
• Other duties as requested by the HR and Operations Manager.
Working together – Adds Value
Proactively enables and encourages team work in others
Communicating and influencing – Adds Value
Proactively builds constructive relationships through clear communication and generates effective discussion and mutual support for plans and ideas.
Managing knowledge – Aware
Keeps up to date with readily accessible knowledge relevant to own role.
Striving for excellence - Aware
Wants to learn and improve, responds to feedback and strives to meet objectives set b others
Managing resources – Aware
Spends VSO money responsibly, organizes own work to meet objectives on time and is aware of team workloads
Managing people – Aware
Requests and follows up on appropriate support from others, raises concerns about uncooperative colleagues in an appropriate way.
Developing people – Adds Value
Helps team members to create and implement clear development plans that meet their own and VSO’s short and long term needs
Leading for the future – Adds Value
Actively promotes VSO’s work and values; recognizes others successes; generates and implements new ideas
Thinking strategically – Aware
Understands the context of own role; considers impact of own work on that of others
Delivering results - Aware
Produces work of acceptable quality on time; responds to requests in a helpful way.
• Excellent computer skills (word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, internet)
• Relevant degree with >3 years administrative experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
• Experience of a demanding workload and ability to prioritize and effectively manage time in order to deliver high quality work to tight schedules
• Proven ability to build and maintain relations with colleagues, volunteers, VSO stakeholders, including managing difficult situations
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of Public Relations / customer service good practice
• Demonstrate commitment to delivering excellent admin, financial and organizational service
• Warm and welcoming personality
• Team player
• Flexibility to adapt to new situations, with a positive attitude to working in an international organization with progressive work standards.
• Commitment to VSO’s values
Competencies and Behavior
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.