Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and total accounts to ledgers and database
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Genius Hub is a recruitment firm that specializes in talent search and placement of highly skilled individuals. We are looking for a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual for our client as an Accountant.
Our client is a mining and Construction Company is seeking to hire an Accountant.
- Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and total accounts to ledgers and database
- Prepare periodic budgets, financial forecasts, and financial reports;
- Prepare routine performance reports, monthly management reports and final Accounts;
- Handle tax administration, filling all tax returns (PAYE, VAT, WHT, NSSF and LST);
- Issue invoices and update accounts receivables from time to time;
- Manage debt collection for the company;
- Perform reconciliations and follow up on all outstanding entries;
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded;
- Monitor and account for materials, equipment, and stock of assets for the company;
- Maintain a strong accounting control system by preparing and recommending policies and procedures;
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing all reconcilable accounts in the system;
- Secure financial information by completing database backups;
- Manage effectively the company cash flows by properly matching receivables and payables;
- Plan and coordinate quarterly and annual internal and external audits;
- Monitor company resources at all locations to ensure compliance with accounting controls in place
- Contribute to the growth by recommending policies to minimize income leakages and maximizing revenue
- Prepare relevant documentation for payments; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by the supervisor.
- Reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
- Time management
- Data entry management
- Analytical and Cognitive abilities
- Strategic Thinker
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or any equivalent;
- Proven working experience as an accountant or in a relevant field minimum of 3 years;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures;
- Experience in Cost and Process Accounting in a manufacturing sector;
- Excellent Computer literacy in accounting packages and Microsoft applications; and
- CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
How to apply.
Send Applications with academic credentials in one pdf document through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section not later than 30th September 2022 for the attention of the Recruitment Director.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.