Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems. Ensure compliance with AFSA procedures and guidelines. Verify the completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents. Filing all finance records and making them available for audit
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Launched in 2011, AFSA is a broad alliance of civil society actors who are part of the struggle for food sovereignty and agroecology in Africa. These include African food producer networks, NGO networks, indigenous people’s organizations, faith-based organizations, women and youth groups, consumer movements, and international organizations that support the stance of AFSA.
Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems. Ensure compliance with AFSA procedures and guidelines. Verify the completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents. Filing all finance records and making them available for audit. The position will assist in the monitoring of financial management, as well as programme, travel, human resources and general administrative support.
Position Status: Full-time Renewable Contract
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconciling the Organization’s bank statements and bookkeeping ledgers
- Managing project income and expenditure accounts.
- Generating the financial reports
- Filing and remitting taxes and other financial obligations.
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software used by the organization.
- Monitor budgets and expenditures and contribute to budget planning and revision.
- Ensure the financial transactions are authorized, recorded, filed with adequate supporting documentation, and maintained.
- Prepare and submit timely and reliable financial updates, reports, and statements.
- Support the conduct of financial audits.
- Assist in organizing meetings and events
- Perform other relevant operational and administrative duties as guided
- Coordinating daily financial tasks with the financial management team to optimize workflow.
- Ensure all transactions are processed and ready in time for month-end and quarter-end close as per the agreed timetable,
- Review payment vouchers and country partners' accountabilities.
- Support procurement processes as per organization manual and donor requirements.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting. CPA is an added advantage.
- Training or work experience in Administration and management is highly desirable.
- At least 5 years experience in Finance and Administration positions, preferably with working experience in grants management.
- Experience with accounting software, such as QuickBooks.
- Planning and Budgeting
Personal qualities and abilities
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform tasks with accuracy.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions and deliver in short time periods.
Terms and Conditions
This position will be for an initial period of the one-year renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.