JOB ADVERT: SOLAR SALES REP, KAMAPALA
Based in Kampala and reporting to the Country Manager, the position holder will be responsible for acquiring new business and upgrading the current customer database through prospecting, sizing, and quotations of the client’s application solution.
Key focus includes identification and definition of customer requirements, direct involvement in customer’s presentations, while inter-phasing with the technical department to ensure efficient and effective installations for Solar Systems and any other product that may be assigned under this position.
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales targets.
- Develop sales opportunities by prospecting, soliciting, and identifying potential accounts
- Building rapport with customers while providing technical information and explanations
- Preparing and presenting quotations
Key Objectives: -
- Achieve and exceed solar sales targets
- Identify current and future customer’s service requirements
- Establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients in a position to understand power backup needs & requirements.
- Provide product, service, and technical information.
- Establish new accounts and service contract accounts by identifying potential customers, planning and organizing sales call schedules.
Create service contracts.
- Arrange for demonstration and trial installations of equipment products and services.
- Partner with real estate companies, and solicit SWH business in new upcoming estates.
- Prepare quotations and directly present to clients and demonstrate how our product meets clients’ needs.
- Personally hand over your client’s systems, ensuring that you give basic training on usage.
- Accurately diagnose problems with installed equipment, giving feedback to clients as appropriate.
- Monitor competitors’ products, strategy, new technology, and activities
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations including pre-sale technical assistance and product education.
- Visit prospective clients at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples, catalogs, and to inform them about product principles and advantages/gains, and/or long-term benefits.
- Manage account debt collections and payments in line with company credit policies.
- Prepare reports as directed by the Country Manager
- Service clients and provide relationship management
- Develop and grow a long-term relationship with all clients.
- Personally, visit all ongoing installations sites to ensure attainment of quality works, smooth handover, and develop close strong relationships.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows and other events
- Ensure provision of quality service and support to all our clients from site survey, delivery, and technical advice, and after-sales service.
- Provide regular entertainment through lunches, dinners to key clients, to maintain a strong relationship.
- Document all sales activities, generate reports, and keep records on transactions with clients.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Maintain a database for contractors, quantity surveyors, architects, real estate agents, commercial and medium/small scale developers etc. who can partner with our organization
- Contribute to technical sales effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and course of action; implementing directives and giving a one-point lesson (OPL)
Advise management on strategic issues relating to product lines materials, new proposals, and problem areas.
- University graduate, preferably in energy engineering. B. Com/business administration with related professional qualifications in sales and marketing.
- Thorough knowledge of SWH and PBS products/systems and installation, and all our product range.
- Proven track record in sales & marketing. Able to deliver beyond set targets
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications is a MUST, ERP knowledge is an added advantage
- A clear geographical knowledge of the region will be an added advantage
- High levels of Integrity
- Proactive, self-driven, and results-oriented individual
- Easily adaptable to different cultures
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Self-motivated and loyal.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section