Quality Assurance Officer
Senior Manager, Customer Experience
Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary comprising of a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees and £56billion of assets under management as at 30th June 2019, the company has been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services. Our client is listed on stock exchanges in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
Our client provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings and making investments, Our client helps to maintain the cycle of growth. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire and Togo.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Customer Experience, the Quality Assurance Officer’s responsibilities will include;
• Auditing calls/ interactions made with customers by the client relationship officers and provide feedback.
• Ensure the officers perform efficiently and effectively within their assigned areas and ability to monitor and coach the team for improvement.
• Ensuring that internal policies, procedures, and compliance regulations are being followed.
• Identifying operational issues and helping team in fixing these gaps.
• Collect data and perform analysis and RCA on metrics and publish reports accordingly.
• Conduct developmental training and refresher sessions efficiently.
• Supporting company’s pursuit of high-quality service to internal & external customers and enhancing overall customer experience.
• Initiate / Complete improvement projects with Lean / Six sigma methodology.
• Prepare performance related presentations and reviews.
• Implementation of the Customer Service Quality Strategy to achieve standardization and enhancement of Customer Experience.
• Managing and guiding the provision of consistent quality customer experience through developing and implementing standard guidelines.
• Developing tools to aid assessment of Customer Experience and propose ways of improvement
• Conduct Service Excellence training for Client Relations Officers and other support teams.
• To evaluate customer interactions and rating the employees’ competency to service the customers in accordance with defined quality standards.
• Assess calls and tickets daily, weekly & monthly to Initiate and tracks QA corrective action requests.
• Development of instructional material in alignment with quality guidelines and performance objectives (training content outline, flowcharts, quality guidelines, student guides, facilitator guides, job aids, quality evaluation forms and other training and quality documentation).
• Identify the gaps as per service provided by employees, advise supervisor and manager of any gaps identified.
• Conduct trend analysis reports for the management review.
• Collaboration with various departments such as marketing, customer experience, among others to oversee company’s reputation, promote brand consistency, identify key planners, and coordinate actions.
• Supervise the social media officer to ensure timely response to customer inquiries, requests and complaints and handle crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news.
• Define, Track, and oversee the most vital Customer Experience KPIs to ensure targets are consistently achieved.
• Ensure daily call monitoring and identify refresher training needs for the team in product knowledge and Soft Skills to facilitate the level of performance.
• Conducts training program for new hire staff and refresher trainings, this includes all systems, products and industry specific training.
• Perform any other duties assigned from time to time where necessary
Core Competences Required:
• At least 3 - 5 years’ working experience in Quality Assurance and Customer Experience.
• University degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or equivalent from a recognised University.
• Good people management skills and excellent influencing skills.
• Self-driven and willing to take ownership.
• Should have problem solving / Analytical skills.
• Data analysis, tracking and reporting skills
• Excellent communication skills: Solid writing, editing and presentation skills with a strong sense of who the segment audience is and how to meet their needs.
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills: Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple competing tasks and organize them, meet deadlines, and achieve goals.
• Ability to think on their feet: Ability to confidently make the right decision at the spur of the moment.
• Ability to work well with others and results driven.
• Positive attitude, attention to detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
• Enthusiastic, upbeat personality; mature, professional demeanour
• Commitment to quality, customer service and high performance
• Ability to successfully work in a high activity, fast paced environment
• Ability to proactively network with colleagues in the industry