Identify partner organizations with whom Sightsavers can work to achieve the organization’s strategic objective of ensuring that people with disabilities have equal rights and opportunities as their sighted peers through both service delivery and advocacy work.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
• Working with Partners (25% of time)
• Identify partner organizations with whom Sightsavers can work to achieve the organization’s strategic objective of ensuring that people with disabilities have equal rights and opportunities as their sighted peers through both service delivery and advocacy work.
• Build effective partner relationships and support longer term relationships that go beyond the duration of individual projects by disseminating information and advocating for Sightsavers work.
• Support partners to identify their own technical and capacity building needs and facilitate providing these in order to support them through the project(s) cycle.
• Establish partnership agreements with partners where appropriate.
• Promote shared learning and collaboration between partners by facilitating partner networks and meetings.
• Programme Management (45% of the time)
• Contribute to the development of the inclusive education programme portfolio of the country office.
• Represent Uganda country office in inclusive education networks and advocate for the organisations philosophy and policies.
• Manage all aspects of the project cycle with the partner to ensure effective planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial and asset management, reporting and documentation is delivered for the project..
• Support in data collection and reporting.
• Support partners and ensure that all project documentation and reports are made available in a timely and accessible way.
• Regularly travel to project’s sites in the different regions.
• Financial & Resource Management (10% of time)
• Monitor expenditure of project financial resources in liaison with the FSSM and the PM.
Qualifications, Knowledge and experience:
• A tertiary qualification (Bachelors or above, or similar) in education, social sciences, or development studies.
• Knowledge of current issues, best practices and the local education system, particularly relating to the education of children with disabilities.
• Familiarity with national legislation and policies in the field of disability/human rights and education
• Substantial experience implementing programmes, including experience of the education sector.
• Experience of designing/managing/supporting education programmes for children with disabilities.
• Experience in policy and/or advocacy work in education, particularly education that is inclusive of children with disabilities.
• Work experience in an NGO environment.
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
As an equal-opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply. If you feel this is the ideal role for you please go to our web site and click on the Apply Here icon. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. We reserve the right to close this ad early.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.