Strategic Mid Management
Country Commercial Manager
Employees & Stakeholders
IMPACT ON CUSTOMERS:
Internal & External
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
If you would like to work in a genuinely fast-paced and professional environment with a vision to be the most preferred partner for all vehicle owners, offering quality and transparency for every transaction, Autochek is your best option in Africa.
We deliver services at the standards expected by our customers and implement new ideas at the highest speed possible on our planet. We work hard, and we reward people who are passionate enough to nurture this vision with us. Our ambition is to sustain value for our shareholders, create meaning and purpose that truly engages our employees while ensuring peace of mind for our customers.
We are pioneers in the auto technology space and are always at the forefront of developing and launching innovative solutions in the market. Our goal is to continue to attract some of the industry’s most innovative and entrepreneurial talent who recognize our growing brand value and strong positioning long into the future.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our CEO and the rest of our leadership team are driven, passionate individuals who possess excellent credentials, have quality work experience across reputable companies, and have come together at Autochek to do the most phenomenal work of their lives. With over 80 years of combined experience and from varied backgrounds, our team shares the same vision and common values.
Very results-oriented thinks strategically in solving problems and making decisions, analytical, hands-on, dynamic, and with a proactive personality. Brings excellent management capacity and ability to lead multiple locations across Africa with start-up experience.
We seek to engage a productivity-oriented professional who will collaborate with the executive management team, to improve the loan application process in alignment to local and international underwriting regulations, taking into cognizance, underwriting policies, guidelines, rating manual, insurance regulations, and partners’ requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
▪ Evaluate the possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance.
▪ Review and possibly revamp of the Company’s insurance policies to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with the company’s guidelines and standards.
▪ Assist loan applicants to complete their applications.
▪ Schedule and ensure the vehicle is inspected by the loan applicant.
▪ Scheduled warranty inspections and ensure the vehicle meets warranty standards.
▪ Expose profile to partners for offers within the average timeframe
▪ Collect post-offer documentation from loan applicants and send financing partners
▪ Educate applicants on loan offers and assist to make acceptance decisions.
▪ Be the link between the applicant, AutoChek, and the financing partners
▪ Advise AutoChek on innovative and efficient ways to improve the loan application process.
▪ Help loan applicants solve any issues that might arise during the application process
▪ Lead underwriting, structuring, revisions, and closing of amendments, upsize, and extensions as needed including annual reviews.
▪ Set appropriate pricing for all key products in all channels and risk classes so as to ensure that Company is meeting its stated strategy of underwriting to achieve profit in all products and across all distribution channels
▪ Innovate product developments to meet consumers’ insurance needs with the aim of generating new business for the brand
▪ Ability to design and implement credit risk framework
▪ High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
▪ Capacity to drive service excellence
▪ Exceptional oral and written communication skills to diverse cultures and backgrounds
▪ Proven ability to forecast the possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance
▪ Excellent reporting skills
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
▪ Solid working knowledge of risk management
▪ Commercial focus with demonstrated ability to identify and deliver commercial outcomes
▪ Thoughtful and demonstrates good judgment and strong decision-making skills
▪ Strong people management skills
▪ Results-oriented approach to work; willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team
▪ Ability to identify and implement efficiencies and process improvements
▪ Strong problem solving and creative skills and ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- B.Sc Degree or it is equivalent in Business Admin or related field.
- Membership of CIIN is an added advantage.
▪ Minimum of 5years’ experience with 4 years in a similar or equivalent role in the insurance sector
▪ Extensive experience in the design of credit policy
▪ Experience working in credit risk management
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- You will learn to move fast, take calculated risks and learn from failures.
- You will develop core management strategies as well as learn the importance of deep dives to resolve problems across geographies. Your people management skill will be tested and improved as you engage and interact with colleagues to deliver quantifiable goals that give real business value.
- You will learn to measure and track output and results and how to automate everything that you do.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to attractive compensation, you will have the opportunity to work with a global leader. We offer a vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super-intelligent workforce, and a relaxed dress code. We invest in the development of our diverse workforce. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. We are also committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section