SON Fish Farm Ltd is an established commercial tilapia fish farm, incorporated in 2005, as a Limited company, the pioneer cage fish farming on Lake Victoria and started operations in 2006.
SON Fish Farm has its own hatchery for tilapia seed production, using earthen ponds, the grow-out is done exclusively in cages, located in Lake Victoria.
SON Fish farm Ltd Sells and distributes whole round fresh Tilapia fish in Kenya under Lake Harvest Kenya and in Uganda under Lake Harvest Uganda.
SON is part of Lake Harvest Group, with other operations in Kenya, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Botswana, and South Africa.
It is located in Bugungu Prison, Njeru Municipality, Buikwe District and employs over 150 staff directly and over 1000 people indirectly through fish trading and supply of farm inputs, across East Africa
Responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities that support SON Fish Farm Ltd.’s growth strategy. To achieve company products new business targets from wholesale and individual direct clients, by actively conducting product awareness to the clients and managing the end to end onboarding process.
- Bachelor's degree (BCOM, BBA) or related field.
- A minimum of 2years of experience in a similar position will be an added advantage.
- English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Smart and good planning skills
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and business plan for SON
- Develop a business growth and income-generating plans and strategies for SON;
- Contribute to social media platforms and the SON/Lake Harvest website to attract more clients.
- Lead the growth and development of existing and new businesses SON Fish farm.
- Build and manage relationships with prospects, existing customers, and all other stakeholders.
- Plan and organize the special marketing and sales events
- Manage and continuously review existing sales policies
- Develop personal sales budget, marketing strategies, and implementation plan to ensure achievement of new business and retention targets.
- Maintain a daily activities planner and with clear objectives and progress reports.
- Facilitate on-boarding of new clients and provide continuous supports throughout the process in order to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Monitor and prepare periodic reports on closed new business and retention status.
- Build up detailed knowledge about the company’s products and keep abreast of market conditions and developments.
- Performing any other duties as may be required from time to time by the management.
Job application procedure
This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Provide a cover letter and CV with necessary supporting documents only through the Brightermonday portal by March 31st, 2021 at 5:00 pm,
Indicate POSITION APPLIED FOR in the subject line.
Only selected candidates that meet the requirements will be contacted.