Deputy Chief of Party
Health Partners Uganda
Product & Project Management
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) is responsible for using indicator data to direct activity implementation to maintain progress toward goals, coordinating efforts and clearly communicating direction to the team even as that direction changes.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:8 years
Deadline for this Job: 10 June 2023
Duty Station: Mbarara, Western Uganda.
HEALTHPARTNERS CONNECT GIRLS CENTER PROJECT
HealthPartners Connect Girls Center is a USAID-funded activity to sustainably increase access to care and improve health outcomes for cooperative members in Uganda and Kenya. This is a locally led development initiative with intermediate objectives to improve cooperative business performance; Improve the cooperative enabling environment; and increase the development community’s support to cooperatives. Our role is to build capacity and provide seed investments with support as partners learn to fill roles in local partnerships to meet their needs, even as those needs change over time. HealthPartners coordinates efforts with partners to strengthen the enabling environment for health cooperative development from village to district, national, and international levels.
DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) is responsible for using indicator data to direct activity implementation to maintain progress toward goals, coordinating efforts and clearly communicating direction to the team even as that direction changes.
- The DCOP will directly supervise technical advisors, making sure partnership training takes place as scheduled.
- The program work plan and indicator monitoring tool will guide the DCOP’s development and coordination of travel planning, maintaining rigorous schedules to achieve measurable stakeholder capacity outcomes.
- The DCOP will travel to join staff field activities every month to facilitate the process of learning and adapting while validating data and meeting district partnership goals.
- The DCOP will primarily focus on learning and adapting following the program work plan to maintain measurable progress toward program goals each month.
- The DCOP will serve on the leadership team to ensure the rational allocation of resources and appropriate tracking of data to inform necessary adjustments within set budgets and timelines.
- Advanced degree (Master) in public health, health services management, social sector planning, and management, development studies, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum eight years of experience managing staff to achieve goals within budget and set timelines
- Experience managing teams of 10 or more people.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to think strategically to leverage the impact of investments and to recommend and implement program process and systems improvements.
- Ability to recognize and address potential programmatic root and stem challenges.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full medical and dental benefits are included. The DCOP reports to the Chief of Party.
How to apply:
To apply, please share a cover letter, your CV, and 3 references through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section no later than June 10, 2023.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.