Longhorn Publishers PLC is a leading publishing company specializing in educational and leisure Publications and Language Services for the Eastern & Central African region, with subsidiaries in Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda. Longhorn has a business presence in Malawi, South Sudan and Zambia.
The business seeks to fill the following vacancy:
Account Assistant – 1 position
• Commercial Department.
• Reporting to Country Operations Manager & Financial Controller.
The job holder will be responsible for the function of the Regional Finance department and managing key suppliers and customer accounts. The incumbent will be responsible for performing invoicing functions, analyzing expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, working with vendors to resolve
past due invoices, reconcile monthly statements and process the company payments.
• Maintaining the purchase order system. (Timely assessment of re-order levels to minimize stock outs)
• Posting and reconciliation of stocks in NAV
• Processing sales invoices and collections. (Constant reconciliation of customer accounts and follow up on overdue debts)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting
• CPA qualification.
• 3 years working experience in Finance or Accounting.
Skills & Competencies:
• Petty cash and accountabilities
• Taxes (PAYE, NSSF, VAT, WHT and Corporate tax)
• Payables (supplier accounts maintenance)
• Inventory management and receivables
• Open and business minded
• Fast learner and knowledge of NAV will be an added advantage
To apply, send your CV and cover letter and quote the job title on the subject of the email by 5.00 pm, 23rd October 2020.