PRINCIPAL ENERGY OFFICER - PLANNING
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Engineering & Technology
Developing policies, medium and long-term strategic plans for the energy programs;
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
The Secretary of, Public Service Commission would like to inform the General Public that:
1. New Posts from the Ministries of Energy and Mineral Development and Ministry of Public Service have been added as Addendum to PSC External Advert No. 1 of 2023 that appeared in the New Vision Newspaper of Monday 30th January 2023 with a closing date of 20th February, 2023.
2. For the position of Senior Surveyor, Scale U3 which was advertised under the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development; a Post Graduate qualification in Surveying; or Geo-Information Science from a recognized Institution is an added advantage and not a mandatory requirement as previously indicated in the Advert.
3. The positions of Occupational Health Nurse, Scale U5 and Counselor, Scale U5 that were advertised under the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development have been withdrawn from the Advert, and any inconveniences caused are regretted
4. The closing date for the initial advert and this addendum will be Tuesday 28th February, 2023.
Applicants are free to apply for a maximum of two positions only i.e. (one from the initial advert released in the New Vision Newspaper of Monday 30th January, 2023 and another one from this Addendum).
The procedure for application is contained in the main Advert posted on the Public Service Commission website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
Ministry/DepartmentMinistry of Energy and Mineral DevelopmentPostPRINCIPAL ENERGY OFFICER - PLANNINGScaleU2Terms of EmploymentVacancies1ReferenceHRM 49/252/01Minimum Age28Maximum Age
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical); or Renewable Energy; or Energy Resources; or Nuclear Science/ Engineering; or Power Systems Engineering; or Telecommunications Engineering; or Statistics; or Physical Sciences; or Physics; or Mathematics; or a Bachelor of Science in Economics plus a Masters Degree in any of the above mentioned fields obtained from a recognized University/Institution. Applicants with a background in Engineering should be registered with the Engineers Registration Board.
Applicants should have six (06) years relevant working experience, three (03) of which should have been served at Senior Energy Officer Level in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable Organization.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Assistant Commissioner, Technical Planning for performing the following duties:-
- Developing policies, medium and long-term strategic plans for the energy programs;
- Facilitating the integration of resource planning and other management planning processes for energy programs;
- Developing standardized frameworks and models for investment evaluation for the energy programs;
- Evaluating proposed investment(s) to determine the investor’s capacity of undertaking the investment;
- Undertaking periodic assessments of the performance of policies, plans and projects to ensure the set targets are realized;
- Providing technical advice on the energy development;
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive quality assurance and risk management framework for the energy sector;
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative linkages with development partnerships in the energy programs;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.