PRINCIPAL ENERGY OFFICER (PHYSICAL RENEWABLE ENERGY)
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Engineering & Technology
Supervising the extension work by staffs on solar, wind, and small hydro projects;
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
The Secretary, Public Service Commission would like to inform the General Public that:
1. New Posts from the Ministries of Energy and Mineral Development and Ministry of Public Service have been added as Addendum to PSC External Advert No. 1 of 2023 that appeared in the New Vision Newspaper of Monday 30th January 2023 with a closing date of 20th February, 2023.
2. For the position of Senior Surveyor, Scale U3 which was advertised under the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development; a Post Graduate qualification in Surveying; or Geo-Information Science from a recognized Institution is an added advantage and not a mandatory requirement as previously indicated in the Advert.
3. The positions of Occupational Health Nurse, Scale U5 and Counselor, Scale U5 that were advertised under the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development have been withdrawn from the Advert, and any inconveniences caused are regretted
4. The closing date for the initial advert and this addendum will be Tuesday 28th February, 2023.
Applicants are free to apply for a maximum of two positions only i.e. (one from the initial advert released in the New Vision Newspaper of Monday 30th January, 2023 and another one from this Addendum).
The procedure for application is contained in the main Advert posted on the Public Service Commission website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
The incumbent will be responsible to the Assistant Commissioner, Energy for performing the following duties:-
- Supervising the extension work by staffs on solar, wind, and small hydro projects;
- Preparing and implementing activities on solar, wind, and small hydro project;
- Preparing and submitting the section work plans, budgets and strategic plans for the Division;
- Preparing and disseminating technical information, guidelines, and standards on solar, wind, small hydro and geothermal project;
- Coordinating stakeholders dealing in physical renewable energy technologies for technology development though research and development;
- Participating in the development of standards, guidelines, policies, legislations for the physical renewable energy technologies;
- Preparing and submitting technical reports to the assistant commissioner;
- Appraising the staff in the unit;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.