The Planner (Works and Transport) will collect, analyze, maintain and interpret relevant data and information on works, transport and infrastructure for use by the supervisors.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
The National Planning Authority (NPA) was established by an Act of Parliament No.15 of 2002 in compliance with article 125 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda (1995). Accordingly, it is the principal statutory agency responsible for the management of national and decentralized development planning in Uganda. The primary function of the Authority is to produce comprehensive and integrated development plans for the country elaborated in terms of the perspective Vision, Long and Medium-term Plans.
Job Summary: The Planner (Works and Transport) will collect, analyze, maintain and interpret relevant data and information on works, transport and infrastructure for use by the supervisors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the collection, analysis, maintenance and interpretation of data on works and transport Working in collaboration with the supervisor, ensure that the respective sector plans are consistent with the current National Development Plan and that they match with the aspirations of the growing population.
- Participates in technical meetings and activities related to works and transport Analyzes works and transport planning systems, policies and identifies problems and potential solutions
- Working with the departmental and Directorate staff to develop and maintain ensure that an integrated model transport system.
- Gather information on environmental, social, gender and other cross cutting issues affecting the works and transport sector.
- Analyze the Transport and Works Sector development trends and issues to identify threats, potential opportunities and emerging issues to guide planning and policy Prepares responses to inquiries from MDAs. LGs and other stakeholders
- Work with the GIS and Physical Planning staff ensuring that the NDP is an integrated plan incorporating both the spatial and socioeconomic aspects that help in having a functional spatial framework system for Uganda.
- Contribute to research on infrastructure related development issues such as interconnectivity both internally and regionally for facilitating economic growth Support intra and interdepartmental activities Perform any other official duties as may be directed from the responsible staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold and Honors Hons Bsc degree in Civil Engineering, Transport Economics or a closely related but relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Added advantage Qualifications Master of science degree in Civil Engineering, Transport Economics or a closely related but relevant discipline from a recognized university. Postgraduate training in any of the following areas is desirable: Transport Economics/ Planning, Energy Development, Geographical Information Systems or a closely related but relevant discipline Membership of recognized professional bodies such as Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers, Engineers Registration Board, Institution of Highways and Transportation, etc is essential
- At least three to five years of experience in infrastructure engineering, transport economics, planning and development or closely related area.
- Other attributes: Industrious and self-driven and Computer literate Must be result oriented and Team player with leadership skills
- Age: 25-45 years
How to Apply:
The preferred method of applications’ is recorded delivery through the NPA Front Desk / Reception. However, candidates using post office should post early enough to avoid late deliveries and retrievals from post office beyond the closing date.
Applicants are to forward two sets of applications with detailed curriculum vitae, including phone and email contacts; photocopies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts and copy of National ID, addressed to: The Executive Director, National Planning Authority, P.O.BOX 21434 Kampala Uganda; Planning – House Plot 17A Clement Hill Road.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “NPA” is an equal opportunity employer any form of canvassing or lobbying shall lead to disqualification.
- The successful candidates will be offered contracts in accordance with NPA guidelines.
- Advertised positions not filled thereafter will remain open until when filled.
Deadline: 7th October, 2022 (16.55hrs)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.