Overview The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206, Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
In order to effectively fulfil its mandate, the Authority is looking for a competent person with required skills, attitude and qualifications to fill the under listed position. This advert runs from Monday 15th November 2021 and closes at 5:00 PM on Thursday 2nd December 2021.
Job title: Laboratory Assistant
Vacancies: One (1)
Salary Scale: NDA H
Directorate: Laboratory Services
Department / Unit: Medicine
Reports to: Principal Officer
Duty Station: NDA Mulago
Contract Duration: Initial contract will run up to 30th June 2023
Prepare laboratory reagents, clean laboratory premises and equipment
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Cleaning of equipment and work tops
• Generation of purified water.
• Managing Laboratory stores, Sample store and stores housing consumable.
• Preparation of Laboratory reagents, media and volumetric solutions.
• Ensure glassware and gowns are clean and fit for intended use according to laboratory procedures.
• Participate in calibration of equipment e.g pH meters and analytical balances
• Participation in Monitoring the Microbiology lab environment.
• Participate in laboratory quality management system activities as required
• Ensure good housekeeping practices and cleaning of laboratory testing areas.
• Dispose waste generated in the laboratory as per prescribed procedures.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Diploma in Pharmacy and Biological sciences
• Not less than three (3) years’ experience in similar position in a reputable laboratory/Organisation.
• High Integrity
• Time management
• Gentle and careful,
• Team player
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Good communication skills
• Good judgment
• Pay attention to detail of required assignments
How to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, copies of your academic qualifications together with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating three (3) referees of whom one (1) should be your current or most recent employer not later than 5.00p.m on 2nd December 2021 either electronically to the e-mail address — firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to National Drug Authority office, First Floor, Rumee, Plot 19 Lumumba Avenue opposite TWED PLAZA.
Your application should be addressed to:
The Secretary to the Authority, National Drug Authority Plot 19, Lumumba Avenue
P.O. Box 23096
National Drug Authority is an equal Opportunity